Assistant Digital Producer
Public Media Group of Southern CaliforniaBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Assistant Digital Producer
Department: Digital Content
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Digital Content
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Assistant Digital Producer to join our organization. If you are detail oriented, strategic, and proficient with digital content and media, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels - KCET and PBS SoCal - are available for free on internet - connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Assistant Digital Producer will assist the Digital Content team in producing original content including short- and long-form articles, multimedia, and social media content. The Assistant Digital Producer will help strategize audience growth for our content verticals, particularly for early education. They will also support general department tasks including updating content calendars and maintaining best practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Assist the Digital Content team as well as related staff and producers to create Digital Content, especially for early education
- Identify stories or topics to report on; Share and provide feedback on pitches
- Review and provide feedback on assignments
- Copyedit and fact check
- Enhance stories with photos, infographics, maps, and slideshows
- Build stories on a content management system
- Write copy for headlines, descriptions, and websites
- Quality control presentation of the content
- Work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Research and develop content ideas
- Review website, video and social media metrics to improve content performance (eg. revising headlines, featured images, etc.)
- Maintain and grow a freelancer roster of existing and new writers that spans a wide regional, socio-ethnic and professional background.
- Identify potential outreach organizations, platforms and community clusters to partner up on content distribution and amplification.
- Support engagement with families and educators, including but not limited to social media, newsletters and message boards
- Support the maintenance of the content calendar and distribute updates on published content
- Attend related content meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must have strong writing, editing, and headline skills with consideration towards SEO
- Proficient with multimedia tools and practices
- Must have photo editing skills with the ability to manipulate, crop, enhance images as needed
- Familiar with media production for online platforms including short-form video content, social media videos, and articles
- Proficient with content management systems (Drupal and Wordpress), social media platforms, and Google Analytics
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly motivated and goal-oriented
Education and Work Experience:
- BA/BS in Journalism or communications, or related field, preferred
- 1-2 years of experience working for media outlets an editor, multimedia or digital producer
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online