Public Media Group of Southern CaliforniaCosta Mesa, CA
Part Time Job
Position Title: Ambassador
Department: Education and Engagement
Classification: Seasonal, Part- Time, Non-Exempt (as needed)
Reports to: Supervisor, Community Engagement
Location: Costa Mesa
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Retirement Plan
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a friendly and outgoing individual to join our organization. If you enjoy engaging with community members and sharing information about opportunities and resources, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels - KCET and PBS SoCal - are available for free on internet - connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor - supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
PMGSC Ambassador will engage with viewers, community participants at various events throughout Southern California. Such events will include but are not limited to: screenings, book signings, concerts, etc. It is the ambassador's role to assist with promoting PBS SoCal programs, events and content and educating the public on PBS SoCal's mission and vision.
- Represent PBS SoCal at community and professional events to promote PBS SoCal brand in a personable and professional manner
- Utilize word of mouth techniques, flyers and other marketing tools to increase awareness of PBS SoCal events and programming
- Demonstrate and communicate knowledge of local and national PBS programming and public media system
- Adhere to all PBS SoCal branding guides exemplify professional behavior when soliciting support for PBS SoCal
- Assist with packing and distributing educational materials
- Assist with maintenance, transportation, inventory and other organization promotional items and or materials
- Occasionally participate in remote work, including data entry and research
- Offer additional support in assisting the education and marketing departments to promote the PBS SoCal brand and achieve PBS SoCal's mission
- Other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online