PS 260New York, NY
Full Time Job
PS 260 is a creative business in the editorial and post-production space that provides award-winning work for films, commercials and music videos. Our client roster includes: Jet Blue, Facebook, Peloton, Acura, UPS, Google, M&M's, and many others. Our offices are located in New York City, Venice, California, and Boston, Massachusetts.
This position would be in our New York City office.
We are looking to fill an opening for a Full Charge Bookkeeper position to support our finance/HR/general office-related operations.
Position entails managing and/or supporting the following:
-Handle account receivables & payables
-Coordinate deposit of checks and writing of checks for vendor bills
-Schedule ACH payments
-Record all transactions in Quickbooks
-Monitor multiple bank accounts' cash inflows/outflows
-Setting up and payment of 1099s/independent contractors
-Manage all corporate and house credit card accounts
-Report hours for payroll using PEO platform (Justworks)
-Management of 401K accounts and Profit Share
-Have a good understanding of insurances, and handle all company insurance (EPL, Workers Comp, etc.)
including filing of insurance claims
-Review health insurance options annually (as provided by our PEO) and selecting most cost effective
and valuable plans for the staff
-Preparation of various financial reports, as requested by partners/accountant
-Calculating quarterly commission reports for commissionable employees
-HR duties such as: offer letters, onboarding new employees, exit procedures, recording of staff days off
-Manage multiple office leases and ensure we adhere to all conditions
- Prior Bookkeeping experience for small (10-40 employees) companies
- Understanding of post production companies and terms would be a bonus
- Expert knowledge of Quickbooks Desktop Version
- Experience working with Accountants and a general understanding of Accounting terms
- Prior experience working with Justworks would be a bonus
- Prior Bookkeeping/Finance experience in post production field would be a bonus
- Confidentiality, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and accuracy are of utmost
importance for this role
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online