Entertainment & Social Impact PR / Publicist
Prstudio UsaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2023 1:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Entertainment & Social Impact PR / Publicist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Entertainment & Social Impact PR / Publicist postings
Full Time Job
PRStudio USA is well respected Los Angeles-based consultancy, with global reach. We have been in business for 20 years and our founder in the industry for 30. She has high expectations and only expects from her teammates the same as she expects from herself. We do great work for people and work every day to make the world a little better. With that, we are seeking a Los Angeles area-based highly motivated, and detail-oriented Public Relations and Crisis Comms PUBLICIST (2-4 years experience) for our social impact & entertainment PR agency, PRStudio USA.
We are a boutique consultancy where our strike zone lies at the intersection of entertainment, media, and public policy. All our talent clients have an influential social impact platform, so we not only represent them for their acting work, but we also look after their philanthropic and activism work as it relates to LBGTQIA, Women's Rights, and Immigration. We also handle press/crisis for issue-based causes in those same areas. We have a global cross-over division, a corporate division and a talent division.
What we are looking for is simple:
- You have an interest in Entertainment and come from either a public policy, entertainment, or social impact background. You could have worked for someone in government on the state or national level, or an agent, manager or publicist who works with clients who have exposure to film, television, social impact, or crisis comms.
- You have experience with high-level media monitoring, for the 24-hour news cycle. From previous positions, you have googled the c$#p out of upcoming sessions, bill votes, supreme court sessions, film releases, film festival news, reviews, items, and features for your clients. We use Muckrack and Google, so knowledge of pulling and understanding clips using either would suffice.
- You know Cision or Muckrack or both for media lists, and pitching.
- You can handle medium-volume email, and schedule calendar management using Outlook, Zoom, Teams etc
- You are experienced with Canva, can provide assistance using Photoshop and are familiar with posting on social media platforms such as IG and TikTok and Linked In.
- You are detailed, you don't miss a beat, and you understand the importance of the work we do for our clients.
- At a small company, there are lots of opportunities for growth
- You get hands-on experience from one of the best
- We celebrate taking initiative and showing entrepreneurialism is rewarded and encouraged.
- Bonuses, Health, Work From Home etc.
- Front-line experience from day 1.
Our Candidate will work in both the social impact and entertainment departments and must be able to handle working across
two divisions simultaneously. This is a work-from-home position though will require in-person support during the week (day and evening) and on weekends as a part of the position (ample overtime provided) to provide backup coverage at PR events, press appointments, red carpets, junkets, festival and awards campaigns, and photo shoots in LA .
Specific job responsibilities and requirements for someone in the position:
- Monitoring cable and network news, print and digital publications for movement on critical issues, bills, government, social impact issues facing the world for our social impact expert clients
- Pitching New Business and handling Presentations
- Pitching and Securing strategic press for clients
- Manage and oversee all client meetings, deliverables, reports etc
-Monitor online and print publications daily for client coverage as well as organic coverage via alerts
-Draft memos & letters for client offers and updates
-Compile targeted press lists for pitching and outreach (we are on Muckrack - a Plus if you know the program)
-Cover clients at press activities including phone interviews, panels, virtual junkets, and premieres
-Create and update digital press kits and client bios
-Create and post on social media for the company's various platforms
-Support in booking client hair/makeup/styling
- Maintain and organize press clippings
- Creation of press materials
- Pitching support
- Research and update media lists (daily)
- Track pitching in spreadsheets (daily)
-Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be well-organized and able to work daily with multiple forms of communication (Slack, phone, Zoom, Outlook etc.) maintain the highest level of confidentiality, while having the ability to keep up with a fast-paced team, remaining composed and with a positive demeanor in high-pressure environments and scenarios.
-Must be able to multi-task under deadlines and have strong problem-solving ability as well as being able to keep track of multiple campaigns (usually between 5-7) with team to stay on track and on target for maximum press impact.
-PR is not an easy career, as we work on a media cycle, its important that you are passionate about the career, and about what is required to help clients reach their full potential. So, we are seeking someone who isn't afraid of hard work (and valuable important work) and gives 110% of their effort when on the job - and is confident and self-assured around the clientele.
-Professional appearance, motivated, resourceful, able to work independently and as part of a team remotely and in person on-site with clients.
-Attention to detail keeping clients informed and ensuring that no details are missed is a must.