Prometheus Global MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Hollywood Reporter seeks a television reporter for THR.com's Live Feed site to report and write multiple articles daily on tight deadlines as well as edit and publish stories from beat writers, correspondents and freelancers.
The reporter will be a first responder for identifying, advancing and writing breaking TV stories as they arrive as well as aggregating other TV-related content from authoritative sources.
The ideal candidate is a fast and accurate writer who comes from a strong digital editorial background, with sources in the TV industry. This role will report to THR's Television Editor.
• Minimum 2 years' experience as a writer or editor at a magazine, newspaper or digital news site.
• Ability to identify stories that are driving the conversation in the entertainment industry, particularly in the TV space.
• Resourceful, insider reporting utilizing deep contacts and relationships to service coverage TV for both print and online, with the capacity to deliver high quality at high frequencies.
• A fast and accurate writer with an understanding of how news breaks online and how to advance stories with a phone call or email.
• Direct day-to-day content creation and execution on THR's Live Feed site and across all of its respective platforms.
• Keen eye for detail when editing consumer coverage, as well as the ability to help recruit and vet potential new freelancers.
• Contribute reporting to larger print features and packages, in addition to pitching ideas for the magazine in weekly TV meetings.
• Familiar with Chartbeat and Google Analytics, with an eye toward making decisions factoring in reader engagement.
• Ability to prioritize hourly breaking news writing with multiple daily editing assignments.
• Understands SEO and similar content production best practices.
• Strong team player across all disciplines and departments who thrives in a fast paced environment with completing deadlines.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, no agencies please. The Hollywood Reporter offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
The Hollywood Reporter is an equal opportunity employer.