Prometheus Global MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is seeking a mid-level full stack Software Engineer to help develop and maintain our elite ad technology stack of products and tools.
We are looking for a talented developer who is passionate about emerging technologies and can think about the full lifecycle of the ad product including the build, test & release, and keep up with IAB standards. We are looking for someone who fundamentally understands ad development principals.
• Create user friendly experiences
• Work directly with ad operations, designers, account managers and other cross functional teams
• Performance tuning at numerous levels of the application life cycle
• Build reusable components that can be shared amongst different digital properties
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience creating and maintaining web applications and APIs
• Experience with Ad products
• Experience using Google Doubleclick for Publishers
• Ability to keep our Ad Products competitive in market, follow best practices and the Better Ad Standards
• Strong knowledge of software design and architecture
• Experience with Agile software development cycle
• Proficient with VAST and VPAID video tags
• Experience with debugging and HTML proxy tools including Charles, Chrome Developer Tools and Firebug
• Experience with Google Tag Manager a plus
• Flexible schedule: available weekends and late nights throughout the year, as needed
• Experience with CSS pre-compilers such as SASS or LESS
Nice to have:
• Public (GitHub, Bitbucket) and open source contributions
• Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS) as well as on premise
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which reaches a growing audience of more than 40M US unique monthly users, includes Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, SPIN, VIBE and Stereogum. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.