Prometheus Global MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is seeking a mid-level full stack Software Engineer to help develop and maintain our elite showcase of publications and publisher focused tools.
We are looking for talented developers who are passionate about emerging technologies and can think about the full lifecycle of a product - including backend, frontend, networking and delivery. We are looking for someone who fundamentally understands software development principals.
• Create user friendly experiences
• Work directly with product managers, designers and other cross functional teams
• Performance tuning at numerous levels of the application lifecycle
• Build reusable components that can be shared amongst different applications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 2 years experience creating and maintaining web applications
• Experience building web applications and APIs
• Experience with open source content management systems (WordPress, Drupal)
• Strong SQL skills
• Experience using relational and non-relational databases
• Strong knowledge of software design and architecture.
• Experience with Agile software development cycle
• Experience working with hosting environments, both in the cloud (AWS) or on premise
• Experience with CSS pre-compilers such as SASS or LESS
Nice to have:
• Public (GitHub, Bitbucket) and open source contributions
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which reaches a growing audience of more than 40M US unique monthly users, includes Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, SPIN, VIBE and Stereogum. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.