Summer Intern - Producers Guild
Producers Guild of AmericaNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Producers Guild of America East is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. PGA East membership represents the varied and highest-caliber producing community on the east coast. The organization hosts a wide array of events for its members, including professional seminars, workshops, mixers, pre-release screenings with Q&As, and the Produced By: New York conference.
The internship duration is 10-12 weeks, depending on start/end date availability. Our ideal candidate will be eager to take advantage of the many educational and social events the Guild has to offer - the internship is an opportunity to learn first-hand more about the diversity of producing film, television, and new media, as well as the operations of a non-profit entertainment trade organization.
Intern duties include (but are not limited to):
Media Production & Editorial
- Record and/or edit footage from live events and webinars
- Assist with the creation of post event posts to PGA
- Assist with design of promotional materials for print & digital use
- Support screenings and events (nights & weekends)
- Perform research, write copy
- Prepare invitations and newsletters
- Archive digital materials, including attendance lists, photos and videos from events
- Assist with preparations for the 2020 Produced By: New York conference
- General administrative assistance, including updating databases, screening calls
- Applicants must be full/part-time students. Recent graduates are not eligible to apply.
- The candidate must be exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, open to learning, and eager to take initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong social skills. Must exercise professional demeanor and discretion when communicating with members.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, and Mac and PC is required.
- Design, production and editing skills, and related programs like Adobe Suite, are a must.
The internship is unpaid and school credit is optional. Please submit cover letter, resume, available start date, and any portfolio or design work that might be relevant to Conor Hammonds, Manager, Operations & Member Services.
Applicants should be available for an interview conducted virtually through Zoom or GoToMeeting. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online