Spring Intern - PGA East
Producers Guild of AmericaNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The intern position entails assisting 2-3 full days a week in the PGA East office. In addition, interns must have some evening and weekend availability to help run and attend events and screenings. Our ideal candidate will be eager to take advantage of the many educational and social events the Guild has to offer.
Intern duties include (but are not limited to):
- Performing research, writing copy
- Preparing invitations and newsletters
- General administrative assistance, including updating databases, screening calls
- Working screenings and events (nights & weekends)
- Recording and/or editing footage from events
- Archiving digital materials, including attendance lists, photos and videos from events
- Assisting with facilities and operation of a newly constructed office space, and the creation/implementation of new related systems
- Applicants must be full/part-time students. Recent graduates are not eligible to apply.
- The candidate must be exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, open to learning, and eager to take initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong social skills. Must exercise professional demeanor and discretion when communicating with members.
- Proficiency in typing, MS Word and Excel, and Mac and PC is required. Design and editing skills, and familiarity with Final Cut Pro and Photoshop, are a plus.
The Producers Guild of America East is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. PGA East membership represents the varied and highest-caliber producing community on the east coast. The organization hosts a wide array of events for its members, including professional seminars, workshops, mixers, pre-release screenings with Q&As, and the Produced By: New York conference.
The internship is unpaid and school credit is optional. Please submit cover letter, resume, available start date, and any portfolio or design work that might be relevant. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online