Principal UX Designer
Prime VideoSeattle, WA
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2023 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Principal UX Designer jobs in Seattle-WA
Search all Principal UX Designer postings
Full Time Job
Principal UX Designer, Prime Video
Are you interested in shaping the future of entertainment? Prime Video is re-inventing how customers connect with their favorite shows, teams, and products by combining high-quality live streaming, immersive interactive features, and exclusive access to some of the world's most loved movies, TV series, and live sports. All from a single service available on the web, mobile, and TV in 240 countries and territories around the world. And we're just getting started.
The Prime Video UX team is seeking a problem-solving, customer-obsessed Principal UX Designer to deliver the future vision for how customers connect with their favorite content and products. You'll craft innovative advertising strategies that engage, excite, and resonate with a global audience. Gone are the days of intrusive ads; you'll design immersive storytelling moments that integrate with customers' viewing experience. You'll create shopping experiences that feel less like transactions and more like delightful discoveries. Imagine viewers seamlessly moving from watching their favorite shows to buying the exact outfit being worn in the scene.
The right candidate leads by doing and has a passion for solving problems at massive scale. You excel through innovation, creativity, and attention to detail. You are a proven strategic thinker and collaborator who flourishes in a large organization. You sincerely believe that design is more than how something looks, but also how it feels and functions. You enjoy great design debates and thrive on iterating based on customer feedback.
Key job responsibilities
- Define the overall vision for innovative advertising and shopping experiences across Prime Video Channels and Freevee content.
- Mentor other designers and be a bar-raiser for quality of work.
- Work across design verticals to standardize and educate others on design systems and visual languages.
- Analyze customer problems and design delightful solutions that meet measurable business goals.
- Work closely with product and business partners to develop a shared vision and lead a process to define and design experiences that deliver on those shared objectives.
- Partner with technology teams to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experience principles.
- Present design work to partners and executive leadership for review, feedback, and sign-off.
- Measure the success and effectiveness of UX innovations.
A day in the life
A Principal UX Designer for Prime Video will elevate the entire team. You will inspire and mentor UX practitioners and partners, leading projects throughout the planning, design, and development cycle. You are expected to think like an owner, always raise the quality of the CX, and be a relentless advocate for customers. You will use your organization and communication skills to bring clarity to chaos, working strategically with other team leaders and team members across the organization.
About the team
You'll join a fun, growing team of UX practitioners who help each other develop and thrive. You will have a mentor and a manager that cares about you, your career, and your skills development and be expected to do the same for your team. You will have autonomy and ownership while contributing to the supportive culture on the team. We gather often to collaborate, ask questions, and grow together, so bring your unique skills and experience and be prepared to share, learn, and grow with us.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Culver City, CA, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 10 years of design experience
- Have an available online portfolio
- Experience in life cycle design projects from design strategy through execution
- Knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD