Intern - Music
Primary Wave EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Primary Wave Entertainment seeks college students to participate in our internship program in either the New York or Los Angeles office. For this position, you must be enrolled in school to receive college credit.
This Internship is separated into 3 Different Departments:
Publishing and A&R
Please see below for the following requirements and responsibilities for each department. Once you specify which department best suits you, send a resume and creative pitch according to the instructions below.
-Passionate about the Music industry and have an appreciation for all musical genres
-Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
-Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed
-An appreciation for continued learning and a keen attention to detail
-Exceptionally organized with superlative communication skills (listening, verbal, written, and business professional)
-Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Google Suites
-Must be web and social media savvy (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
-Currently enrolled in a college/university.
- Passion for discovering new talent and managing a music label
- An understanding or strong interest in the processes to get music to a consumer
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Publishing and A&R:
- Must have a general understanding of music publishing, copyright and pop songwriting
- Must have a strong knowledge of New Media and the New Music Business
- Previous work experience with record labels and/or music publishers is appreciated
- Familiar with PRS's
- Have knowledge of copyrights and publishing, and a basic awareness of synchronization license.
- Must have a clear understanding of the difference between compositions and master recording.
- Must have a strong music knowledge.
- Familiar with PRS's.
Please see your department for specific responsibilities.
- You will also be required to assist with various interdepartmental projects as well as assisting the Office Manager in operating front desk duties and office tasks.
- Research artists who have a good following (i.e. on spotify, social media) but are not apart of a label
- Assisting in organizing and updating artists sheets and latest soundscan figures.
- Supporting the Management team in making sure deadlines are met and campaigns come together.
Publishing and A&R:
- Researching the world of record labels and music publishers
- Gathering song streaming performance data
- Gathering and analyzing roster and catalog information
- Measuring following and audience sizes of various labels, publishers and specific artists
- Delivering reports and working closely with both the Publisher & Label Services teams
- Data entry and Cleaning up artist information.
- Researching master/sync license owners and publishing info listed on PRS sites
- Listen and digest music for tagging purposes for ingesting.
Marketing: Choose your favorite artist and create a timeline highlighting the process of how their music reached consumers.
Publishing/A&R: Create a Playlist of up and coming artists, pick 1 artist and devise a plan to promote them.
Sync: Choose your favorite film, TV show, ad, or game and describe what you like about the music, what about it stands out. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online