Fall Paid Intern - PR
Press KitchenSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
Boutique PR agency Press Kitchen based in Santa Monica seeks an intern, with an emphasis on PR writing, for Fall 2019. We are a bicoastal, full-service PR firm with an emphasis in branded entertainment, virtual reality and entertainment tech, and film production.
Press Kitchen has deep roots in the entertainment and advertising sectors and is rapidly expanding into tech industries.
- Be a current public relations, communications, journalism or advertising student (or bachelor's
- Some PR agency experience preferred
- Have excellent writing skills and proper grammar
- Have experience with both creative and business (PR) writing
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about media, technology, entertainment and business topics
- Be comfortable with fast-paced note-taking to distill concepts, technical details and facts from meetings and phone calls
- Be proactive and self-sufficient with multi-tasking capabilities
- Be organized with meticulous attention to detail - you're the kind of person who proofreads and edits
- Be a good researcher on a variety of topics
- Be a fast study - we prefer people who learn quickly and are self-directed
- Have an interest in or willingness to learn about entertainment public relations
- Be proficient in Mac computers
- Past PR internship experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Google Docs, WordPress, Cision, Slack, MS Office preferred
- Researching and writing press releases, blogs and other marketing content materials
- Notation of client calls and meetings to distill into concise, written materials
- Monitoring and creating daily press clippings
- Creating press lists
- Conducting research on current and potential clients
- Assisting team with media outreach as needed
Intern is needed part-time for 15-20 hours/week. Specific days are flexible based on intern's schedule.
- Pay begins at $14/hour
- The ideal candidate will have the opportunity for advancement and full-time hire, if applicable
- Hands-on PR experience!
Pay starts at $14/hr.
Email resume, cover letter, writing samples and 3 references to contact email. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online