Premiere DigitalStamford, CT
Full Time Job
About the Role
The Mastering Technician is responsible for QC'ing and correcting the digital files of studio clients in preparation for their digital release.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
• Identify and differentiate different video frame rates and aspect ratios for HD and SD, NTSC/PAL/HD
• Identify and conform 5.1 stereo mixes
• Identify video issues such as interlacing and aliasing
• Identify audio issues such as phasing and out of sync audio
• Perform manual audio syncing with reels and frame rate changes
• Conduct simple edits in Premiere, such as using the garbage matte to remove websites and making cuts to remove content
• Other tasks as needed to meet project deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Proficient knowledge of QuickTime 7, assigning audio channels and identifying video/audio specs within QuickTime strongly preferred
• Proficient knowledge of Mac Caption and syncing text-based assets preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and is self-motivated, creative, and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Strong interpersonal abilities and communication skills
• Ability and interest to work in a geographically diverse environment
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 2 of years' experience in working in media operations required.
• Previous experience with QC processes strongly preferred.
Base Pay: $20.00/hour
*This position is based in Stamford, CT and a on-site position
* This position work hours are Tuesday - Saturday. 3:30 pm to 12:00 AM