Premiere DigitalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/15/2021 3:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Data Administrator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Data Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Data Administrator?
Full Time Job
About the Role
Premiere Digital amasses and works with hundreds of terabytes of media files every month. Upon receipt of a media file, various processes may be run against that file, which then creates new derivative assets, that are then packaged and delivered for media publishers globally.
In the process of receiving, cataloging, manipulating, delivering, archiving, and deleting assets, a number of applications, storage pools, and system logic is used. This can include multiple levels of ''online'', ''nearline'', ''offline'', and ''cloud'' based storage systems, as well as Premiere Digital's PDX Platform and Asset Management System.
In the role of ''Data Admin'', you will be responsible for monitoring storage system, to ensure storage capacity levels maintain balance for optimal performance and cost. Additionally, you will work with operations teams to develop strategies and policies for timely archive and deletion of assets. Lastly, you will work with Premiere Digital Operations and Technology teams, as we work through various projects consisting of bulk processes for asset movement, include migration to other storage platforms for long-term archive, and bulk deletes of stale or redundant files.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
• Monitor Storage systems to ensure optimal storage capacity.
• Alert and provide data to Operations teams when storage capacity is exceeding defined quotas.
• Work with Operations and Technology teams to develop dashboards for department-based monitoring of storage utilization.
• Work with Operations and Technology teams to develop ''Archive'' and ''Delete'' policies that can be automated to maintain optimal storage health.
• Monitor and maintain balanced data sets within Premiere Digital's PDX Platform. This includes disaster recovery and business continues policies for replication and retention of files.
• Work with Operations and Technology teams as projects come up which require bulk ingest or migration of assets across various systems and storage pools.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Project management and leadership skills are essential
• Experience working in IT and cloud infrastructure.
• Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
• Positive outlook in meeting challenges and working to a high level.
• Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes.
• Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software.
• Professional experience in working with XLS, CSV, and XML data sets.
• Bash, Shell, or Python scripting experience preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with operating systems.
Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university desired; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five years of experience in positions related to technical operations support.