Technical Project Manager
Premiere Digital ServicesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for the overall management and execution of functional and technical components of our software products. Project Managers will adhere to a common PM methodology, templates and tools that provide a portfolio view of projects and track metrics. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for directing, planning and coordinating activities of projects.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for successful implementation of our software projects from initiation to closing. They are expected to have strong organizational and coordination skills, have project coordination/management experience, and the ability to multitask. An ideal candidate for this position possesses strong communication skills, is persuasive, considers others viewpoints, organized, follows through, willingness to change and adapt, and possesses required project management knowledge.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Works closely with project teams consisting of Product Managers, UX designers, software engineers, content producers and system engineers. Projects will involve both on and off shore resources.
The Technical Project Manager has responsibility for the overall management and execution of operational, technical or client facing projects. Responsibilities include: Acting as one of the product owners working with management to define the stories that make up the Product Backlog. Work with offshore Project Managers and onshore developers to ensure they understand requirements and are available for questions about the product or help facilitate those conversations. Manage releases and working with the entire team to ensure the releases are properly prioritized, tested, scheduled and communicated. Work with the team to identify key project milestones, activities, and ensure project schedules are established. Monitor progress of all project activities. Test all features prior to and after release, as well as continual testing of the projects as a whole to ensure all features are still functioning.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an information technology focus or equivalent experience.
2. Technology-related project management experience.
3. Hands on experience with Agile-based methodologies.
4. Thorough knowledge of the software development life cycle using Agile-based/Scrum methodologies. Be able to iterate and adapt fast and use Atlassian toolset to ensure project delivery.
5. Previous experience with Project Management in an organization, preferably startup, dealing with diverse groups within that organization. Solid understanding of Agile and Atlassian suite of products.
6. Five + years technology-related project management experience. Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
7. Strong skills in story writing and requirements gathering to ensure the development team is clear on what is to be delivered.
8. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail and is self-motivated, creative, and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems. Highly adaptable to changing environment with the ability to quickly grasp and understand technical issues.
9. Works under minimal supervision or direction but closely with the Product Owners to ensure deliverables are met based on priorities.
10. Works on projects that are moderate to difficult regarding complexity.
11. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of technical and business knowledge and can learn about our business quickly.
12. Must be ok with spending some time in the evenings for questions and follow-up as they arise. Flexible schedules are offered as a result of some evening work.
13. Media and entertainment experience is a plus.
COVID Remote work in place
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online