Director of Business Development
Premiere Digital ServicesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for someone with both Domestic and International experience and relationships in media servicing, digital distribution, international distribution, working at a Movie and/or Television and/or Digital Distribution Entity, at a Studio and/or in encoding/post-production. This person should be able to use their knowledge and relationships to speak to and sell Premiere's Media Services and Aggregation (online distribution) Services, as well as vet new clients, sign new clients and grow existing partnerships.
Premiere Digital is one of the largest, most trusted ''one-stop-shop'' global distribution and media servicing vendors for all domestic and international linear and online content (including mastering, prep, packaging and delivery) as well as one of the largest domestic and international aggregation (online distribution) partners in the world. We work with rights-holders of film and TV content of all shapes and sizes (all major Hollywood studios, mini-majors, distribution companies, sales agents, individual filmmakers and producers, etc.), helping them to get their content delivered and live on platforms (linear and online) around the globe. We deliver to all major end-points and platforms worldwide, and have been intimately involved with expansion and growth of retailers like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, etc. As one of the most trusted partners in the industry, Premiere offers technical delivery services, and aggregation deals to assist our clients in getting their content live on digital platforms (iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, CableVOD, etc.) and broadcasters in every territory.
Additionally, we offer the highest-quality technical services including encoding, QC, transcoding, digital packaging, delivery and storage, and aggregation abilities.
We are looking to grow our business development team. This team is responsible for:
• Prospecting and signing new partners with Servicing and Delivery needs and who own or control rights to new release or catalogue content (film/TV) for digital platform aggregation
• Maintaining and growing relationships once signed (both from a provider/client side and a platform/end point side)
• Working closely with internal parties to make sure all clients are happy and growing
The new position will be about 30% prospecting and signing new business and 70% following-up with potential opportunities until closed. We want someone who is personable and enthusiastic, with sales experience AND who has an understanding of this side of the industry (technical servicing, distribution, etc.)
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prospecting and signing potential clients and partnership opportunities
• Utilize all provided resources, as well as your own, to isolate and approach potential clients who hold content rights and could use our services
• Keep finger on pulse of growing industry to identify platforms / digital retailers / broadcasters who can be added as delivery end-point partners
• Follow-through with all Opportunities from introduction to closed contract
• Maintaining current relationships from both the content partner side and the platform/broadcast side
• Supporting internal parties by acting as liaison between client and internal teams when needed
• Financially motivated (looking for someone who wants to make money for him/herself and the team/company)
• We are not always in the office (taking meetings, calls, traveling to markets, etc.), so we need people who can self-manage and self-prioritize.
• Must be able to evaluate and realistically prospect open Opportunities, often working multiple Leads at once (consistently following-up and communicating with until closed), as well as continue to nurture and grow clients already signed
• Background in distribution, studio, encoding/post-production is highly preferred!
• Team Player: A win for a team is a win for all (although we work on a commission-base, we work as a team to close business and are rewarded as such)
• Creative thinker (no two clients are alike, must be able to identify what is needed to close)
• Familiarity with major digital platforms, broadcasters, production companies, filmmakers, distribution companies worldwide and general changes/current events within the industry
• Comfortable and confident working in different time zones and with various cultures
• Can include early-morning / late evening Skypes/calls with overseas clients
• Strong typing skills; MAC proficient; solid skills in Google Mail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with sales-related CRM preferred, but not required
• Understanding of and interest in film, television and the digital landscape
• Must be comfortable dealing with confidential materials and information with discretion
• Impeccable oral and written communication skills
DOE + full benefits
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online