PragerUSherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
PragerU, a high-growth nonprofit with conservative values is looking for a full-time, in-house Video Specialist.
The Video Specialist role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be an all-around video expert, capable of taking on multiple projects, traveling, and working with the PragerU team to produce great content that educates viewers, delights the team, and keeps donors happy and engaged. This is an all-hands-on-deck team in an extremely fast-paced setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Video Specialist job encompasses several skill sets that often work in tandem with one another. These include technical A/V knowledge, problem-solving, time-management, creativity, and people skills.
- Artistically speaking it's important to push for content that is novel, creative, & relevant.
- Capable of editing multiple videos and projects under very tight deadlines and short turnaround times.
- Flexible and able to ''roll with the punches'' within an ever-changing game plan.
- The Video Specialist should be proficient with video production and post production.
- This includes shooting on different camera types, not limited to but including camcorders, DSLR's, and digital film cameras.
- An understanding of lighting fundamentals is needed for in-studio shoots as the specialist may be setting up & striking basic sets on
- A knowledge of codecs & file types is important for processing footage and creating assets for the existing pipeline.
- Helping catalog and process footage from other team members.
- Assembly cuts & basic file transfers may be requested.
- Familiarity with live streaming for social media.
- The Video Specialist should be adaptable to new elements and problems during any shoot.
- Issues will present themselves especially when shooting on the move and in the streets. These range from hardware issues that may require basic ingenuity to dealing with an escalated social situation that requires a steadfast mind.
- Vigilance for spotting a filming opportunity as well as avoiding bad ones is key.
- The Video Specialist must have top-notch organizational and time management skills.
- This role will juggle a wide variety of concurrent editorial projects in different phases for multiple departments.
- Imperative to be able to communicate, prioritize, and self-manage.
- Work directly with multiple creative leads and managers to discuss and implement editorial notes.
- Adhering to established processes and folder structures is imperative.
- Keeping an eye on the pulse of what is trending on social media is important and should help inform creative decision-making.
- Traveling will be required on a frequent basis. It may be required to fly, or to drive to a specific location in a rental car for long stretches of time.
- The Video Specialist should be comfortable and composed when engaging with a variety of people.
- Often it will require communicating with production technicians from different venues in order to receive the necessary support to get the job done.
- There may be engagement with pedestrians which can sometimes be hostile because of politically charged situations.
- Skilled at running different types of cameras.
- Skilled at lighting and running sound.
- Skilled at editing, sound editing, and color correction.
- Light animation skills (Usually graphic overlays and lower thirds, but there will also be slight 2D animation needs).
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premier and Photoshop.
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus).
- Familiarity with finalizing video content for online distribution & social media.
- Able to pull online source footage for re-cutting.
- Willing to innovate and bring effective solutions to the team.
- Capable of doing multiple man-on-the-street videos and other projects quickly.
- Able to work with other animators, editors, and other vendors.
- Comfortable speaking with celebrities and all types of presenters.
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure.
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Willing and able to take direction from different leaders but also bring his/her ideas and thoughts to the table
- An eye for quality and a passion for excellence
Competitive pay and benefits.
What We Do:
We take the best ideas from the best minds and distill them into short videos. Our comprehensive digital marketing campaign promotes the ideas that have made America and the West the source of so much liberty and wealth. These values are Judeo-Christian at their core and include the concepts of freedom of speech, free markets and love for our country-The United States of America.
With over 2.7 billion video views, PragerU has quickly become the most influential online resource for explaining the values that have made America great. Utilizing digital media and sophisticated marketing, PragerU reaches millions of people every day with short educational videos that promote American values.
Our Vision: A world committed to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Our Mission: To promote what is true, what is good, what is excellent, and what is noble through digital media.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online