Video Specialist, Kids Content
PragerULos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Specialist, Kids Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Location: Los Angeles, California
PragerU is proud to announce the launch of PragerUKids. This is a newer program in our organization dedicated to bringing parents the resources, support, and tools to teach children about America's blessings and limitless opportunities. Our aim is to inoculate children against the indoctrination being taught in government schools today, and we will do this through a variety of edutainment content/programming, live events, newsletters, and community. We have a unique niche in providing supplemental educational material for children, all of which is non-partisan in nature. We're proud to be voted ''Best Place to Work in Los Angeles'' by LA Business Journal.
The Video Specialist role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be an all-around video expert, capable of taking on multiple projects and working with the PragerU team to produce great Kids content that educates youth viewers from K-12. This is an all-hands-on-deck team in an extremely fast-paced setting. Ideal candidates MUST have editing, camera, and lighting experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a primarily technical position rather than a creative one, though there are opportunities for creative input.
The Video Specialist should be proficient with video production.
- Able to shoot on different camera types.
- Able to record quality sound on location.
- Possesses a strong understanding of outdoor & indoor lighting.
- Able to handle problems on the move and in the streets, from solving hardware issues to dealing with escalated social situations.
- The right candidate should be able to film content & troubleshoot effectively in studio and on location, both by him/herself without backup and as part of a team.
- Vigilance for spotting a filming opportunity as well as avoiding bad ones.
- Comfortable and composed when engaging with a variety of people, including pedestrians, and occasionally in hostile situations because of politically charged content.
- Familiarity with live streaming for social media.
The Video Specialist should be proficient with video post-production.
- Has an eye for crafting story, and for turning footage into narrative episodes within the guidelines of a show format or brand.
- Capable of filming & editing multiple videos and projects under very tight deadlines and short turnaround times.
- Able to process post-production audio and color-correction.
- A knowledge of codecs, file types, file structures, and post processes.
- Knowledge of After Effects & motion graphics highly desired.
- Able to work directly with multiple creative leads and managers to discuss and implement editorial notes.
- Able to take ownership of work, but also able to hand off work to be finished by someone else, or to pick up where others have left off, when necessary.
The Video Specialist should be adaptable to new elements and problems.
- Juggle a wide variety of concurrent projects in different phases for multiple departments.
- Flexible and able to ''roll with the punches'' within an ever-changing game plan.
- Imperative to be able to communicate, prioritize, and self-manage.
- Traveling will be required on a frequent basis. It may be required to fly, or to drive to a specific location in a rental car for long stretches of time.
- Skilled at running different types of cameras
- Skilled at lighting and running sound
- Skilled at editing, sound editing, and color correction
- Light animation skills (Usually graphic overlays and lower thirds, but there will also be slight 2D animation needs)
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus)
- Familiarity with finalizing video content for online distribution & social media
- Able to pull online source footage for re-cutting
- Willing to innovate and bring effective solutions to the team
- Capable of doing multiple videos and other projects quickly
- Able to work with other animators, editors, and other vendors
- Comfortable speaking with celebrities and all types of presenters
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure.
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Willing and able to take direction from different leaders but also bring his/her ideas and thoughts to the table
- An eye for quality and a passion for excellence
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you're searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit prageru. com.