PragerULos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Video Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Video Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Video Editor? PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great.
The Video Editor role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be an all-around post-production expert, capable of taking on multiple projects, and working with the PragerU team to produce great content that educates viewers, delights the team, and keeps donors happy and engaged. This is an all-hands-on-deck team in an extremely fast-paced setting. Ideal candidate MUST have editing and motion graphics experience.
To apply, please first visit and review company website. Only applicants who submit a resume and cover letter will be considered. In your cover letter, please include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to work at PragerU specifically.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Video Editor job encompasses several skill sets that often work in tandem with one another. These include technical post-production knowledge, problem-solving, time-management, creativity, and people skills.
-- Artistically speaking it's important to push for content that is novel, creative, & relevant.
-- Capable of editing multiple videos and projects under very tight deadlines and short turnaround times.
-- Flexible and able to ''roll with the punches'' within an ever-changing game plan.
- The Video Editor should be proficient with video post production.
-- This includes editing, motion graphics, color correction, and sound editing/design.
-- A knowledge of codecs & file types is important for processing footage and creating assets for the existing pipeline.
-- Help catalog and process footage from other team members.
-- Assembly cuts & file transfers may be requested.
-- Perform Quality Control checks.
- The Video Editor must have top-notch organizational and time management skills.
-- This role will juggle a wide variety of concurrent editorial projects in different phases for multiple departments.
-- Imperative to be able to communicate, prioritize, and self-manage.
-- Work directly with multiple creative leads and managers to discuss and implement editorial notes.
-- Adhering to established processes and folder structures is imperative.
-- Keeping an eye on the pulse of what is trending on social media is important and should help inform creative decision-making.
- The Video Editor should be comfortable and composed when engaging with a variety of people.
-- Often it will require communicating with production technicians in order to receive the necessary support to get the job done.
- Bonus if the Video Editor has on-set production experience, including cameras, lighting, and production logistics.
- Skilled at editing, sound editing, and color correction.
- Light animation skills (graphic overlays, lower thirds, 2D animation).
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premier and Photoshop.
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus).
- Skilled with After Effects.
- Familiarity with finalizing video content for online distribution & social media.
- Able to pull online source footage for re-cutting.
- Willing to innovate and bring effective solutions to the team.
- Capable of doing multiple videos quickly.
- Able to work with other animators, editors, and other vendors.
- Comfortable speaking with celebrities and all types of presenters.
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure.
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
- Able to handle multiple projects at a time
- Willing and able to take direction from different leaders but also bring his/her ideas and thoughts to the table
- An eye for quality and a passion for excellence
What We Do:
We make exceptional video content that advances Judeo-Christian values. We distribute that content through a sophisticated marketing strategy. By reaching millions of people every day, we educate, influence and change minds.