Motion Graphics Editor, Kids Content
PragerULos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Motion Graphics Editor, Kids Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Location: Los Angeles, California (on-site)
PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We're proud to be voted among the ''Best Place to Work in Los Angeles'' by the LA Business Journal 2 years in a row.
The Live Action/Motion Graphics Editor (Kids' Content) role at PragerU is a high-energy, detail-oriented, and highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be a versatile editing expert with a knack for both motion graphics, live action & animation, able to juggle multiple projects, navigate varied creative landscapes, and operate independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate must also possess some camera and lighting experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Editor, should be proficient with Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- Has an eye for crafting story, and for turning footage into narrative episodes within the guidelines of a show format or brand.
- Demonstrated experience in seamlessly integrating live-action footage with animation, adept at organizing and assembling elements/slates to create cohesive, engaging narratives.
- Strong knowledge of After Effects & motion graphics required, including creating animatics.
- Proficient in the utilization of existing animation assets to create basic animation sequences, with a keen eye for enhancing animation and ensuring its smooth interaction with live-action components.
- Experience with basic animation principles
- Understanding of post-production audio and color-correction.
- A knowledge of codecs, file types, file structures, and post processes.
- Able to work directly with multiple creative leads and managers to discuss and implement editorial notes.
- Able to take ownership of work, but also able to hand off work to be finished by someone else, or to pick up where others have left off, when necessary.
- Juggle a wide variety of concurrent projects in different phases for multiple departments.
- Imperative to be able to communicate, prioritize, and self-manage.
Editor should be proficient with video production
- Understanding of camera operation.
- Understanding of sound recording.
- Understanding of set protocol / etiquette.
Successful candidates will possess:
- 5-7 year Animation skills (Animatics, graphic overlays, MOGRTS, lower thirds, etc.)
- Skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere,After Effects, and Photoshop
- Skilled with ProTools and/or Audition (Logic Pro is a plus)
- Familiarity with finalizing video content for online distribution & social media
- Able to pull online source footage for re-cutting
- Capable of doing multiple projects quickly
- Able to work with other animators, editors, and other vendors
- A true Team Player, proactive, helpful, honest, and calm under pressure.
- Quick to learn new processes, procedures, and technologies related to the job
How to Apply: First review our website and biannual report in the About Us section. Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio or reel. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you're searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better.
Salary Range: The salary target for this role is $65,000 - $85,000. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and most recent market data. This position is eligible for an annual bonus based on personal and company performance, in addition to our robust benefits package.