Illustrator, Kids Content
PragerULos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Location: Los Angeles, California
PragerU is proud to announce the launch of PragerU Kids. This is a newer program in our organization dedicated to bringing parents the resources, support, and tools to teach children about America's blessings and limitless opportunities. Our aim is to inoculate children against the indoctrination being taught in government schools today, and we will do this through a variety of edutainment content/programming, live events, newsletters, and community. We have a unique niche in providing supplemental educational material for children, all of which is non-partisan in nature. We're proud to be voted ''Best Place to Work in Los Angeles'' by LA Business Journal.
We are looking for a talented illustrator to be part of our PragerU Kids program. The Illustrator role at PragerU is a detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and a highly self-managed position. This individual needs to be capable of taking on multiple projects and working with the PragerU team to produce great Kids content that educates youth viewers from K-12.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Illustrate and design childrens' books, magazines, video animation assets, and additional graphics in close collaboration with authors and head illustrator
- Create print advertisements and materials for educational program (i.e. 2-4 page brochures)
- Research and generate ideas
- Set up master pages, styles, colors, etc. within InDesign or other software
- Flow in digital text from editorial, correctly format all internal elements; prepare pages for intermediate proofing
- Drawing rough sketches for approval
- Producing final illustrations which can also be used for video animation
- Ability to match existing art styles and keep characters on model
- Proficiency in visual storytelling - layout compositions, color values, and character interaction that expresses a story and emotional moment
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Thorough understanding of file types and their attributes (EPS, INDD, PSD, TIF, JPEG).
- Understand the technical process of book production, and have knowledge of graphic arts procedures and processes, including preflight and QCing of files before release to print
- Able to take direction and feedback, and possess strong follow through
- A passion for children's content and design
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly and work effectively as part of a team
- Strong artistic skills and a creative imagination
- Animation skills / After Effects knowledge a plus, but not required
- Editing skills / Adobe Premiere Pro knowledge a plus, but not required
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you're searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit prageru. com