Intern - Audio/Podcast
PorterHouse MediaPasadena, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Start Date/Season: November 28 - March 31
Internship Duration: 2 months
Time/Days Required: 8-16 hours a week
Workplace Requirements: Hybrid, Mostly Remote
Job Description: Audio/Podcast Editor Intern
We are looking for a creative music/podcast editor. You will be working alongside our collaborative creative team to assist in composing, editing and scoring music for podcasts, ad content, and video. You will be able to push projects forward in a positive, creative manner which shows that you always want to create the best work possible.
• Composing music themes and music segments
• Edit audio, add clips, splice clips, process with enhancements
• Converting files for various platform
• Organizing and delivering content
• Work with multiple clients and projects
• Upload and download to server
• Be able to diagnose technical issues
• Ensure quality of audio
• Turn around finished product quickly
• Ability to work on your own and as part of a team. You need to be well-organized (especially at project management), efficient and self-motivating.
• Advising producers and creatives on production problems and the ability to spot possible problems ahead of time.
• Working closely with producers, directors and account managers to ensure the smooth running of each project.
Desirable skills and experience:
• Must have experience working with Abelton Live
• Experience and or background in sound recording and editing
• Proficient in editing, grading and audio mixing
• The ability to prioritize assets and deliverables.
• Readiness to adapt skills and approach to a broad range of project types and music content
• Excellent communication skills with colleagues i.e. ability to highlight challenges, offer creative solutions and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional project management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• The capability to manage both internal and client feedback in order to exceed expectations.
• A strong passion for the work. As part of the creative team the ideal candidate will treat every edit as an opportunity to make the best work possible.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online