Box Office Manager
PopGun Booking LLCBrooklyn, NY
Full Time Job
Box Office Manager
About the Companies
Elsewhere not a traditional music venue; nor is PopGun Presents,our affiliate company, a traditional promoter. Our combined mission drives us to cultivate an audience across genres, both in live and electronic music settings, and in the physical / digital arts. Elsewhere is built for the true culture fanatics, but we are not exclusive. We are about community, creativity, and collaboration, and seek to marry best practices in independent arts, hospitality, and business management. We are hard working and diligent, yet friendly and kind, towards each other, our audience, and our artists. There is no place for rudeness, nepotism, or subpar performance and of course, no misconduct of any kind whatsoever.
Elsewhere is in reality three music venues, a night club, and an art gallery rolled into one property, but we plan to grow beyond these walls. This is an opportunity for someone looking for a challenge and growth in live music and media.
Overview of the Position
The Box Office Manager will direct, manage and supervise all ticketing functions for PopGun Presents and Elsewhere to ensure events are carried from announcement to day-of. The Box Office Manager will work closely with marketing, programming, venue operations and business departments among others. This detail-oriented position requires outstanding organizational skills, math and reporting, professional interaction with clients of all levels, an ability to work efficiently, accurately and effectively under pressure, and ability to complete and prioritize tasks in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in ticketing software and customer service.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Manage all ticketing backend functions including ticket link builds, announcement scheduling, inventory management, promo-code setups, refunds, reporting and third-party collaborations
• Monitor and record ticket sales on a daily basis and assist all departments with sales knowledge
• Liaison with talent agents and industry personnel for all ticketing needs
• Manage box office operations for all events at Elsewhere and ensure venue staff is provided with sufficient ticketing tools
• Act as chief liaison for incoming inquiries and requests from customers, vendors and community members
• Build and manage guest lists and venue credentials
• Manage all Elsewhere and PopGun listings including its own websites, SongKick, Resident Advisor, BandsInTown, and OhMyRockness
• Act as chief liaison for Elsewhere's membership program and develop its value by building new perks
• Conduct research on new ticketing tools and draft sales-generating plans
• Manage outdoor dining reservations and VIP packages via Sevenrooms
• Attend events and network
• Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
• Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, digital inventory management, and venue box office operations
• Strong math and data analytics aptitude
• Tech-savvy and quick learner of new systems
• Proven effective management of multi-faceted projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability in taking on a leading role when necessary
• Demonstrated ability to attend to detail and remain organized at all times
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public, other employees, vendors, industry personnel and community members
• Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication
• Proficient with Google applications, with emphasis on Google Sheets and Google Docs
• Must be flexible with working nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be flexible with mobile communication and be willing to assist past office hours
• Must be able to check in with venue staff periodically during events
• Must be eligible to work in the United States
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required
• Experience and interest in one or more of the following fields preferred: Music Business, Business Management, Economics, Pre-Law, Math, Accounting, Finance, IT and Marketing
• A minimum of 1-2 years ticket office management experience preferred
• Coding and web development skills a plus
One-page cover letter detailing your previous work in areas such as box office, inventory management, sales, music business
Please provide 3 professional references: with information such as full name, title, email contract
Qualified candidates will receive an email from the above address regarding next steps. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online