Closed Captioning Editor
Point.360Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Point.360 has been serving the studios and independents in post-production for over 30 years, and we have a true passion for the business. Our innovative and award-winning team consistently provides creative, high-end results for television series, feature films, and commercials. Utilizing the latest technology, Point.360 serves the global community from the heart of Los Angeles.
We are currently seeking an experienced Closed Caption Editor to join our Los Angeles team. Candidates must possess extraordinary attention to detail, be able to work with minimal supervision, and have an exceptional command of their language.
- Positions are full time (40 hrs./week) with occasional overtime
- Hiring for swing shift only. (4:00 PM - 12:30 AM), Monday - Friday, with an option to work Saturday day (9:00 AM - 5:30 PM) in lieu of one weekday.
- A grammar & spelling test will be administered at the interview
• Creation of closed caption files and transcripts, including transcription of spoken dialogue and spotting/timing
• Responsible for completing projects in deliverable condition by due date
• Responsible for QCing and Proofing own projects, as well as projects created by others, ensuring final product is error free and meets industry standards as well as unique client specifications
• Responsible for taking and retaining feedback from supervisor and applying it to future projects
• At least 1 year experience as a Caption Editor or Subtitle Editor required
• Must possess exceptional skills in grammar and spelling, along with a keen eye for spotting mistakes when proofing
• Must be able to type minimum 50 wpm
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
• Must possess a general knowledge of pop culture, current news stories, and historical events
Please include in cover letter:
• Confirmation that you are available for the swing shift
• Description of prior caption/subtitling experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online