Director, Brand Marketing
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Marketing – Experiential
PMK• BNC Los Angeles is seeking a Director of Brand Marketing, Experiential who is a strong leader and mentor to their account team, as well as a strong day-to-day lead with the client team and their executive leadership, and is motivated to help PMK• BNC and clients evolve and grow. The Director will be responsible for general operations of client business to include senior level client management, account profitability, and management of respective PMK• BNC staff. In addition, the Director plays an integral role in the business development process with other senior management at PMK• BNC.
Candidate must be a self-starter with ''hybrid'' event/experiential background rooted in both client-service and hands-on production, programming, partners, and operations, measurement as well as integrated marketing strategy, ideally on the agency side with strong proven client servicing and management ability. Candidate must be able to manage across a diverse array of initiatives, projects and events, ranging from short to long-term, grass roots to national campaigns, strategic to tactical. Must be an excellent multi-tasker, strong leader, problem-solver and team management skills. Experience with major consumer brand(s) preferred.
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents leading consumer brands as well as many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators. The firm employs a staff of more than 160 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of CMG within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
• Oversee PMK• BNC account team and provide leadership, direction and guidance, always with a focus on client service.
• Lead account teams to develop, manage, and execute creative, results-driven experiential and marketing programs that fit client's objectives.
• Accountable for quality control and review of all budgets, planning decks, recaps, status reports, work back schedules, deliverables, vendor and partner contracts and overall project management.
• Work with team to develop plans, proposals, and presentations to include event and partnership marketing concepts, promotional ideas, marketing materials and activation details.
• Create, ''sell in'' and manage project-based and quarterly budgets on behalf of client team.
• Create strategy around existing client marketing partnerships that help drive success and meet client objectives.
• Work closely with other inter-agency leaders across departments to ensure synergy, collaboration, and communication. (Influencer, Entertainment, PR, digital, social, etc.)
• Research, identify, and help negotiate strategic opportunities, partnerships and entertainment/lifestyle programming.
• Assess program effectiveness in collaboration with analytics team, setting KPIs, overall measurement of results and streamline communication to client.
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena.
• Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients; Serve as a primary contact for the client, providing strategic counsel and tactical support.
• Develop quality standards and processes in order to ensure client satisfaction
• Assess new business leads, and participate in pitch development and/or presentations.
• Be an active force in brainstorming new, innovative ideas for client projects, marketing and celebrity outreach initiatives.
• Create, manage and reconcile accurate budget estimates for long-term and short-term client programs.
• Have understanding of new and traditional media and how it impacts the success of marketing initiatives.
• Actively manage 3rd party vendors, event producers, promoters.
• Research, understand, measure, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage event technology to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
• Responsible for both strategy and planning of all consumer and trade marketing activities including integrated marketing, strategy/planning, analytics and project management of programming, promotions, public relations, retail marketing, loyalty, media and digital integration
• Lead integration amongst the various marketing, advertising, media and PR client partners to ensure strategic, as well as consistent brand identification.
• Be a strong team lead, setting positive example and collaborative work environment and motivate team members towards success.
• BA or BS from 4-year accredited university
• 8 years relevant experience; marketing and event production background preferred; agency experience and consumer tech category is a plus.
• Must be able to ideate creative concepts and bring them to life.
• Strong multi-channel marketing experience, including social/digital media and traditional media.
• Successful management of multiple clients and account teams; can anticipate client and team needs.
• Experience in managing scope of work and budgets.
• Experience in entertainment and lifestyle marketing.
• Experience in large-scale event production, programming, partnerships and promotions.
• Experience with close management of budgets, as well as accounting and finance processes.
• Understanding ROI for clients, setting KPIs and overall insights and analytics reaching brand success.
• Must have strong understanding of and experience creating ideas which build audiences, increase awareness and engage the consumer.
• Network of vendors, partners, and corporate brands is a must.
• Experience participating in new business pitches.
• Commitment and dedication to the agency's success as well as individual career.
• High proficiency in the complete Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and excellent understanding of utilizing online and network-based tools for research purposes.
• Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to handle yourself professionally under pressure.
• The ability to travel up to 30% of the year.
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D