Director, Brand Marketing
PMK*BNCLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Marketing (Influencer)
Director, Brand Marketing
PMK• BNC Los Angeles is seeking a dynamic Director for a top consumer client in the sports, entertainment and lifestyle field. This individual will have proven relationships with athletes and reps across professional and collegiate leagues
This person has excellent people-management skills and has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account and inspirational style to managing the team. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the successfully leveraging sports and entertainment partnerships/sponsorships, brand initiatives and cultural heat moments to deliver comprehensive earned campaigns that deliver meaningful results against client goals.
Candidate must be a self-starter with ''hybrid'' event/experiential background rooted in both client-service and hands-on production and operations, as well as integrated marketing strategy, ideally on the agency side with strong proven client servicing and management ability. Candidate must be able to manage across a diverse array of initiatives, projects and events, ranging from short to long-term, grass roots to national campaigns, strategic to tactical. Must be an excellent multi-tasker, strong leader and team management skills. Experience with consumer and technology brands preferred.
• Oversee PMK• BNC account team and provide leadership, direction and guidance, always with a focus on client service
• Lead account teams to develop creative, results-driven experiential and marketing programs that fit client's objectives
• Execute small to large scale events.
• Accountable for quality control and final review of all budgets, planning decks, recaps, status reports, work back schedules, deliverables, vendor and partner contracts and overall project management.
• Work with team to develop plans, proposals, and presentations to include event and partnership marketing concepts, promotional ideas, marketing materials and activation details.
• Create, ''sell in'' and manage project-based and quarterly budgets on behalf of client team.
• Create strategy around existing client marketing partnerships that help drive success and meet client objectives.
• Work closely with other inter-agency leaders across departments to ensure synergy, collaboration, and communication. (Influencer, Entertainment, PR, digital, social, etc.)
• Research, identify, and help negotiate strategic opportunities, partnerships and entertainment/lifestyle programming.
• Assess program effectiveness in collaboration with analytics team, setting KPIs, overall measurement of results and streamline communication to client.
• Maintain current knowledge of trends in entertainment, lifestyle and culture arena.
• Have understanding of media and how it impacts the success of marketing initiatives.
• Develop and maintain extremely strong interpersonal relationships with senior clients; Serve as a primary contact for the client, providing strategic counsel and tactical support.
• Develop quality standards and processes in order to ensure client satisfaction.
• Assess new business leads, and participate in pitch development and/or presentations.
• Be an active force in brainstorming new, innovative ideas for client projects, marketing and celebrity outreach initiatives.
• Create, manage and reconcile accurate budget estimates for long-term and short-term client programs.
• Have understanding of new and traditional media and how it impacts the success of marketing initiatives.
• Actively manage 3rd party vendors, event producers, promoters.
• Research, understand, measure, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage event technology to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
• Responsible for both strategy and planning of all consumer and trade marketing activities including integrated marketing, strategy/planning, analytics and project management of programming, promotions, public relations, retail marketing, loyalty, media and digital integration.
• Lead integration amongst the various marketing, advertising, media and PR client partners to ensure strategic, as well as consistent brand identification.
• Be a strong team lead, setting positive example and collaborative work environment and motivate team members towards success.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
• 8 years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
• Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients
• Strong media relations skills with track record of earned placements
• Experience and interest working in sports and entertainment fields, with partnerships/sponsorships communications experience being a bonus
• Exceptional judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts and vendors
• Successful in managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
• Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
• Strong leadership and team management skills
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents leading consumer brands as well as many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).