Director, Brand Communications
PMK*BNCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Brand Communications (Sports, Consumer & Lifestyle)
PMK• BNC New York is seeking a dynamic Director for a top consumer client in the sports, entertainment and lifestyle field. This individual must be extremely detail-oriented, understand the nuances of what makes a great story and have experience managing multiple client work streams in a fast-paced environment.
This individual will bring a verifiable track record of developing and implementing successful, integrated PR strategies with a strong understanding of the media landscape and stellar media contacts.
This person has excellent people-management skills and has mastered the client/agency process. She/he will bring an entrepreneurial mindset to the account and inspirational style to managing the team.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in the successfully leveraging sports and entertainment partnerships/sponsorships, brand initiatives and cultural heat moments to deliver comprehensive earned PR and social media campaigns that deliver meaningful results against client goals.
Viable candidates can point to specific experience successfully leading their teams in the planning, development and execution of best-in-class, multi-channel PR programs including media relations, social media outreach, brand positioning, content development, talent engagement, budget management and client/account management. An understanding of brand partnerships/sponsorships, especially in the sports and entertainment space, is important for this role.
Who We Are:
PMK• BNC is a strategic marketing and communications firm that specializes in Entertainment and popular culture. PMK• BNC represents leading consumer brands as well as many of the world's most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors and content creators. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York and London. PMK• BNC thrives on being ahead of the curve and works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences and connect with consumers through popular culture. PMK• BNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide and McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
We are pioneers in the strategic development and use of nontraditional marketing solutions grounded in classic Public Relations. PMK• BNC executes brand-based strategic programs that integrate such core competencies as public relations, event marketing, digital and social media, celebrity/influencer marketing and outreach, product integration, sponsorships, promotion and total project management.
• Develop and lead reputation-building consumer earned media strategies and execute with little guidance
• Use creativity to help develop results-driven marketing and public relations programs that fit into the client's overall objectives
• Identify, develop and pitch stories that drive coverage and map to business goals
• Identify, build and grow relationships with media/influencers
• Drive strategic recommendations for ongoing outreach and relationship development
• Create and deliver client presentations and plans
• Research, understand, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals
• Serve as client contact; proactively engage on issues
• Guide & train junior level staff
• Supervise writing and editing of media materials and provide direction to ensure quality control
• Educate senior staff on day-to-day business and account health
• Identify & create relationships that are mutually beneficial for the agency & clients
• Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, English, Public Relations or Marketing preferred
• 8 years of media relations experience; large agency/client experience is a plus
• Track record of successfully developing media strategies, identifying story angles, developing press materials and securing top tier coverage for clients
• Strong media relations skills with track record of earned placements
• Experience and interest working in sports and entertainment fields, with partnerships/sponsorships communications experience being a bonus
• Exceptional judgment when working with media, team members, client contacts and vendors
• Successful in managing multiple short- and long-term plans simultaneously
• Experience engaging mid- to senior-level clients
• Strong leadership and team management skills
PMK• BNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D