VP Of Marketing, Strategic Solutions Group
PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
PMC: VP of Marketing, Strategic Solutions Group
PMC is hiring a Vice President of Marketing to enhance the growth of our Strategic Industry Solutions division, representing Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, WWD, VIBE, SHE Media and more in market. The ideal candidate should be well versed in strategic storytelling, creative ideation and constructing cohesive materials. They will be responsible for developing innovative, big-idea-driven 360-degree programs that are authentic, engage audiences and enhance partnerships. This person will be responsible for collaborating with brand marketing teams and leading brainstorming sessions across digital, video, print, experiential and editorial platforms. We’re looking for a candidate to unify the PMC corporate story, manage a small team, respond to proposal requests and also support outreach on our audience and tentpole calendar. This role is based in New York or Los Angeles and reports directly into the EVP, GM of Strategic Solutions.
• Refine the Penske Media brand positioning and unify our portfolio of brands, products, and platforms under a clear, demonstrable value proposition
• Supporting the Corporate Programmatic team at local Trade Events
• Drive thought leadership in each industry and elevate our people and brands whether on-stage, in writing, or in the press
• Serve as an external-facing voice and marketing thought leader on behalf of PMC (e.g., through speaking engagements, press, and more)
• Transform PMC's growing data and insights practice into an industry-leading solution through proprietary research, new advertising products, and marketing services
• Lead the creation and development of original, best-in-class marketing materials and experiences that empower a team of industry leaders (thought leadership, presentations, research, events, and more)
• Identify and maintain strategic marketing partnerships, industry events, awards, and sponsorships to effectively market ourselves and to foster key relationships with agencies, brands, trades, etc.
• Help guide and streamline the RFP process from strategy to submission—bringing the right mix of PMC brands, products, and platforms together to satisfy the needs of our clients
• Collaborate with internal teams including heads of industry, PR & comms, research & data, live events, brand leaders, and others
• 10 years of experience creating integrated programs across digital, social, and experiential
• Innovative leader with demonstrated success in marketing, including successfully managing a team
• Strong understanding of digital advertising solutions, including native, custom content, mobile, video, social, influencer, events and programmatic
• Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to function well in a collaborative, matrix environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment while paying strong attention to detail Proficient at MS PowerPoint
Typical wage range: $200k-$200k annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.