PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PMC: Vice President, IT
Fast-growing media company Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is seeking a VP of IT to drive the strategic vision, implementation, and management of our IT solutions across the company. The VP of IT will be a key business partner and advisor to the senior management team. The position will report to the Senior Vice President of Product & Technology. The VP's goal is to meet current needs while preparing for future development and growth. This role will oversee both the infrastructure and networks team as well as the helpdesk support team, while delivering strategic projects in parallel.
This position can be based in LA, NYC, or we can consider remote in a number of states. There will be some travel required to visit our headquarters in LA & NY.
• Establish IT strategy by collaborating with senior management to set organizational vision and strategy and to determine how technology can best service the business
• Build and lead a flexible and responsive team responsible for maintaining our cloud and onsite IT environment with maximum system availability and performance
• Cultivate a team-oriented, problem-solving culture. Set department goals for delivering scalability and growth needs of the company and our quickly expanding user base
• Use data to optimize and measure the IT Help Desk
• Evolve our inventory management and reporting systems
• Develop and track the IT Opex and CapEx budgets. Ensure we are maintaining the right balance of flexibility, security and cost across all IT budgetary decisions.
• Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization.
• Develop and drive a technical roadmap to ensure clear direction and cohesive decision-making within the IT teams and strategic clarity and understanding outside of IT.
• Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments to successful project completion
• Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to enable growth, scalability and/or efficiency
• 10-15 years' experience in the MIS or Information Technology field, including at least 5 years in an architecture role, and at least 5 years in a senior leadership role
• Proven track record of hiring and leading highly technical IT professionals, and managing distributed teams in multiple offices
• Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
• Demonstrated ability to run the existing business to support the company today while concurrently designing and planning for future IT needs.
• Experience working at a company that has grown via acquisition, and handling the unique challenges of merging platforms to minimize silos and tech debt
• Strong leadership background within technology infrastructure, a wide variety of systems & application experience, along with a sound understanding of distributed networks, cloud technologies, publishing technologies, remote working technologies and security best practices.