Vice President Of Human Resources
PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Penske Media is seeking a Vice President, Human Resources in our midtown Manhattan office with a hybrid work schedule. We are seeking an experienced HR professional at both the Vice President level as well as those who are currently an AVP/Senior Director and are ready to advance their career. Reporting to the Company’s LA-based SVP of HR, the Vice President, HR will provide HR business partner support to leadership as well as employees of Penske Media brands and corporate business units. The Vice President, HR will be an integral member of a highly collaborative HR team as the team creates, establishes, and implements HR strategies that foster organization and people development across our rapidly growing domestic and international operations. Because of Penske Media’s various ambitious initiatives, this leader will have the opportunity to drive change and evolution in the HR function. We seek a creative thinker with a high degree of strategic ability as well as a sense of urgency. The Vice President, HR will develop and nurture strong advisory relationships with the Presidents, Founders and Publishers of our media brands as well as other executive business leaders. The Vice President, HR should have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion to create and implement programs for our fast-scaling business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-oriented company where we attract, retain, and support top talent across the media industry. The Vice President, HR will lead the execution of key HR programs across the business, and in doing so, help to build and shape a culture where all employees thrive with a deep sense of belonging and purpose and are equipped to do their best work.
Trusted Advisor to Media Brand Leadership
• Partner/collaborate with your assigned media brand leadership teams to align and execute HR strategies in support of initiatives.
• Function as a trusted adviser and thought partner to your media brands’ senior leadership to drive an accountable, performance-based and purpose-driven culture.
• Lead and leverage PMC HR processes (incl. Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Employee Engagement & Communication) for your assigned media brands.
• Work with media brand leaders to create and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging for a work environment where all employees can thrive and grow.
• With an understanding of your assigned media brands’ businesses, develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges.
• Advise management on the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and procedures for hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and employee issues.
HR Best Practices
• Accountable to bring the best of external thinking into relevant HR programs at PMC and create solutions where internal solutions do not exist.
• Manage others and build and support dynamic, high performing teams.
• Provide advice, counsel, and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvement as well as creation of new HR programs.
Collaborate With Corporate Expertise
• In collaboration with in-house legal counsel, maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulatory issues, regional laws and regulations.
• In collaboration with talent acquisition, ensure recruiting practices are optimizing growth goals as well as the culture for your assigned media brands.
• In collaboration with the finance, conduct organizational planning informed by budget constraints and growth plans.
Experienced HR Professional
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines. Specializations welcome in areas such as compensation, talent acquisition, benefits, DEI, training and development, and leadership development.
• A proven dedication to diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex employee relations challenges with creative and strategic solutions.
• A direct and proactive advisor who is not afraid to lead others to growth.
Business & Relationship Acumen
• Strong business mindset with ability to leverage that knowledge in strategic decision-making.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders that allows for influence without authority.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision yet also a team player at heart, ready to collaborate and give/receive support across HR, recruiting, payroll, finance, operations, and other corporate teams.
• Demonstrated experience working with all levels of an organization, particularly the executive level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience with HR management systems and other HR software applications to track information. Knowledge of UKG a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 10 years’ professional level HR experience with a focus on innovative, fast-growing workforce.
• SPHR/PHR or HRCI Certification preferred
• Experience in entertainment, media, tech or start-up environment, preferred
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit?www.PMC.com.?