Vice President, Human Resources
PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2023 12:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Vice President, Human Resources jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Human Resources postings
Full Time Job
Penske Media is seeking a Vice President, Human Resources in our West LA office with a hybrid work schedule. We are seeking an experienced HR professional at both the Vice President level as well as those who are currently an AVP/Senior Director and are ready to advance their career.
Reporting to the Company’s SVP of HR, the Vice President, HR will provide HR business partner support to leadership as well as employees of Penske Media brands and corporate business units. The Vice President, HR will be an integral member of a highly collaborative HR team as the team creates, establishes, and implements HR strategies that foster organization and people development across our rapidly growing domestic and international operations. Because of Penske Media’s various ambitious initiatives, this leader will have the opportunity to drive change and evolution in the HR function. We seek a creative thinker with a high degree of strategic ability as well as a sense of urgency. The Vice President, HR will develop and nurture strong advisory relationships with the Presidents, Founders and Publishers of our media brands as well as other executive business leaders. The Vice President, HR should have a proven history of influencing executive leadership with a combination of deep subject matter expertise, relationship-building abilities, and a passion to create and implement programs for our fast-scaling business.
This is a unique opportunity to join a mission-oriented company where we attract, retain, and support top talent across the media industry. The Vice President, HR will lead the execution of key HR programs across the business, and in doing so, help to build and shape a culture where all employees thrive with a deep sense of belonging and purpose and are equipped to do their best work.
Trusted Advisor to Media Brand Leadership & Corporate Dept. Leadership
• Partner/collaborate with leadership teams from your assigned media brands and corporate departments to align and execute HR strategies in support of initiatives.
• Function as a trusted adviser and thought partner to your media brands’ senior leadership to drive an accountable, performance-based and purpose-driven culture.
• Lead and leverage PMC HR processes (incl. Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Employee Engagement & Communication) for your assigned media brands.
• Work with media brand leaders to create and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging for a work environment where all employees can thrive and grow.
• With an understanding of your assigned media brands’ businesses, develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges.
• Advise management on the appropriate resolution of employee relations issues and procedures for hiring, terminations, promotions, performance reviews, and employee issues.
HR Best Practices
• Tapping into expertise with HR systems to uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvement as well as creation of new HR programs.
• Accountable to bring the best of external thinking into relevant HR programs at PMC and create solutions where internal solutions do not exist.
• Manage others and build and support dynamic, high performing teams.
• Provide advice, counsel, and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
Collaborate With Corporate Expertise
• In collaboration with in-house legal counsel, maintain a working knowledge of relevant regulatory issues, regional laws and regulations.
• In collaboration with talent acquisition, ensure recruiting practices are optimizing growth goals as well as the culture for your assigned media brands.
• In collaboration with the finance, conduct organizational planning informed by budget constraints and growth plans.
Experienced HR Professional
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines. Specializations welcome in areas such as payroll, talent acquisition, benefits and leadership development.
• A proven dedication to diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve complex employee relations challenges with creative and strategic solutions.
• A direct and proactive advisor who is not afraid to lead others to growth.
Business & Relationship Acumen
• Strong business mindset with ability to leverage that knowledge in strategic decision-making.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders that allows for influence without authority.
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision yet also a team player at heart, ready to collaborate and give/receive support across HR, recruiting, payroll, finance, operations, and other corporate teams.
• Demonstrated experience working with all levels of an organization, particularly the executive level.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience with HR management systems and other HR software applications to track information. Knowledge of UKG a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 10 years’ professional level HR experience with a focus on innovative, fast-growing workforce.
• SPHR/PHR or HRCI Certification preferred.
• Experience in entertainment, media, tech or start-up environment, preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Typical wage range: $210k - $240k plus bonus. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home &