Vice President, Head Of Global Agency Connections
PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
In this role you will use your Global Agency Connections and deep industry knowledge to guide our most trusted agency partners as well as work to bring on a new roster of agencies looking to engage our portfolio of audiences across our iconic portfolio of brands (SXSW, The Golden Globes, Rolling Stone, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Sportico, WWD, and so many more…) through a unique blend of premier content offerings and premium live events. Your primary responsibility as VP, Head of Global Agency Connections is to foster a sense of collaboration across all teams, Publisher & Corporate, within PMC to help drive revenue growth at the Holding Company and Agency level by developing a strategy that positions PMC as the preeminent destination for our client’s omni-channel marketing messaging and strategies.
This job requires proven leadership, persistent and persuasive interactions with the highest Hold Co. and Agency decisions makers. The VP, Head of Global Agency Connections, will be highly visible within the advertising community, specifically within the agencies.
What you’ll do:
• Be the primary liaison, internal advocate and leader representing PMC with a specific focus on key C-Level relationships, in partnership with Sales leadership with the Corporate HOI’s and Brand Sales teams.
• Identify agency partners’ key initiatives and areas of focus that align with PMC solutions to drive innovation, data activation, insights, research and live-stream video strategy.
• Own Hold Co. and Agency contact mapping, monthly or quarterly business reviews, education plans, and communication across all agencies.
• Partner closely with Trading and International Agency Teams to ensure strategic and commercial elements are driving towards our prioritized business goals.
• Report on industry and revenue trends, spending patterns, agency personnel changes, new clients specific to our portfolio and PMC brands.
• Proactively identify realignment / corrective measures as needed.
• Structure and develop a strategic agency narrative to drive growth and adoption of PMC's portfolio of solutions in the context of our holding company partnerships.
• Build and deliver, in collaboration with PMC sales leads, education & inspiration focused programming that has a scaled impact on various constituents across holding company strategic planning and innovation teams.
• Working in close collaboration with the Trading team, to lead, negotiate and execute all agency partnership, commercial & trading agreements.
• Represent PMC in the advertising community by seeking out, speaking and participating at industry events.
• Responsibility for creation and delivery of assigned agency partners’ company quarterly and annual business reviews.
What you'll bring:
• In addition, other experience includes, but not limited to partnership creation and leadership, trading and deal negotiation experience, senior agency relationships, as well as a deep interest and passion for experiential events, business, music, sports, fashion, tech and live award shows.
• A deep knowledge of various deal types, compliance requirements, internal systems, approvals processes, and provide mentorship and insights to the PMC Sales teams on further in-quarter and mid-term partnership opportunities.
• 10 years of Agency, Business Development/Partnerships, and/or Strategic Sales experience leading businesses or sophisticated accounts.
• Significant proven successful experience working in or with media & creative agencies.
• Personal network in place with senior agency contacts across several agency groups and proven track record of successfully growing revenue through the development of strategic relationships.
• Strong understanding of the PMC portfolio’s user behavior, product and targeting suite & the ability to translate technical or complicated ideas into ordinary and simple terms.
• Experience in working for matrix organizations & ability to win the support and drive deliverable timelines from key internal cross-functional partners.
• Extensive trading experience and understanding of agency market dynamics.
• Shown success in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Typical wage range: $175k - $250k annual discretionary bonus. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.