PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Spy.com: Technology Editor
SPY.com, PMC's rapidly growing product review website, is looking for a technology editor to oversee the gadgets vertical, covering everything from smartphones, speakers, headphones, laptops, video consoles and more.
Assignments may range from updating product picks in our best wireless speakers or gaming controllers galleries, to doing a hands-on review of the latest smart home assistant. The ideal candidate will know the tech gadgets space inside and out and have a keen interest in keeping up with the latest trends and product releases.
The ideal candidate must understand how to create serviceable content with commerce intent that incorporates general SEO best practices. Most importantly, we're looking for someone who has a passion for all things tech.
• Write and produce 10 shoppable posts per week, featuring the latest products in the tech space
• Pitch timely, on brand ideas citing the latest product launches and trends
• Work closely with SEO manager and managing editor to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting weekly deadlines
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
• Minimum of 4 years of professional experience covering tech
• The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• An understanding of and interest in the latest tech happenings
• Daily experience working within a CMS
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
Spy.com is a daily destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what's new and what's next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, quality and discerning products and experiences from around the world. Then we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday luxuries and secret gems.