Senior Seo Manager
PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/10/2022 1:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior Seo Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Seo Manager postings
Full Time Job
Fast-growing media company Penske Media Corporation’s SEO team is seeking a multi-talented Senior SEO Manager to work with writers, editors, product managers and engineers across our portfolio of online properties. The candidate for this role is a highly motivated and outgoing self-starter who is organized and passionate about digital.
The Senior SEO Manger will be a key member of a closely-knit and supportive SEO team and report to the VP of SEO. They will be instrumental in driving SEO strategies across multiple sites, analyzing performance data, working daily with PMC editors to optimize editorial copy and advise the product/engineering team on technical search engine best practices. We offer a fun, fast-paced work environment and observe a hybrid work model. If you are looking to work with industry-leading websites and make a direct impact to the bottom line, this is your shot!
• Work closely with writers to maximize the search traffic potential for each piece of content
• Train editorial staff on SEO best practices and provide regular feedback on headlines, meta tags, URL structure, keyword analysis and more
• Provide recommendations to editorial teams related to keyword and content trends and the performance of specific pieces of content
• Work in real time to optimize breaking news stories in a highly competitive industry
• Analysis and implementation of best practices for on-site SEO including: content architecture, content quality, sitemaps, etc.
• Stay abreast of notable search product updates, changes to the Google algorithm, and industry trends and techniques
• Advise on the migration of CMS systems, URL architecture, redirects and more
• Assist in the QA process of site migrations, redesigns, new plugins, crawling issues and more
• Collaborate with product and business teams to propose new products, changes to existing site structures and content offerings to further maximize search traffic potential
• Provide SEO feedback during development of new products and site features.
• Document SEO guidelines and provide internal training to organizations to keep the latest SEO techniques top of mind.
• Collaborate strategies to help grow traffic
• Develop link strategies and/or direct marketing relationships with off-network sites.
• Provide ongoing reports to executive management related to search traffic, keyword performance and content quality
• Find new opportunities to maximize SERPs for groups of strategic keywords
• Minimum 5 years of SEO related work experience
• Specific experience with SEO for news publishers or media companies preferred
• Demonstrated results improving site rankings and search traffic
• Experience with SEO analysis pertaining to keyword research, search trends and performance
• Self-motivated individual who is driven towards the continual improvement of projects
• This position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at various levels of the organization.
• The ability to write articulate, compelling summaries to communicate your analysis and inform how the business should act is a must
• Must be detailed orientated with the ability to multi-task in an ever-changing environment
• Analytically focused with the ability to analyze data and proactively identify issues and make recommendations for improvements
• Proficiency with MS Office, Excel wizard! Experience with using PowerPoint and giving presentations
• Vital Tools: Google Analytics, Google Search Console, WordPress, Deep Crawler, SEOMoz, SEMRush, Keyword Tracking Tools, Screaming Frog and others
The Hiring Process
Your resume will be reviewed within one week of us receiving it. Every round is designed to give you an opportunity to meet members of our team and ask questions. The first-round interview will be with the VP of SEO and will focus on your experience and how you like to work. The second and third rounds will be with other disciplines and other members of the team to better understand your approaches to challenges and your collaboration style. In every round there will be the opportunity to ask questions to help you decide if PMC is the right culture for you as well.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Penske Media Corporation:
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.