PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2022 6:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Senior Publicist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Publicist postings
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation?(PMC), whose award-winning content across more than 23 brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is hiring a Publicist. To be successful in this role, the Publicist will need to be a self-starter who can multitask a range of projects while managing their own priorities. This writing intensive position reports to PMC’s Head of Public Affairs & Communications.
This is a unique opportunity to help execute a comprehensive media and PR strategy across print, digital and events for PMC corporate and several PMC brands including The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard and Deadline.
Based out of our West LA headquarters, the Publicist will work closely with internal senior brand leaders to help deliver publicity and communications strategies for PMC and its media brands. This talented communicator must have a creative and strategic mind for spring-boarding best in class journalists, content, and events into various media channels.
What You Will Do:
• Develop written materials, including press releases, statements, briefing materials, pitch letters, professional bios, and other communications.
• Maintain and build upon existing relationships with key industry reporters and influencers to help communicate each brand’s unique positioning.
• Partner with brand ''clients'' to amplify key messages, stories, and talent to create awareness.
• Ensure all media outreach maintains brands' integrity, style, tone, voice, and mission.
• Support the teams’ proactive and reactive media relations strategy and story management across several growing verticals.
• Help manage media inquiries and interview requests.
• Manage the execution of all social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, plus emerging platforms) for Penske Media Corp.
• Dedicated public relations ambassador for the entertainment and music brands creating awareness across sales, live media, and the editorial teams.
• Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
• Support the PMC brands with public relations strategies and outreach and support PMC corporate Communications
Your Skills and Background:
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below; if you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, research, and writing skills. A self-starter; manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while working independently.
• 5-7 years in public relations, communications, or journalism function.
• Sharp and effective communicator, both verbal and written.
• Existing media relationships and contacts and be eager to build relationships.
• Proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programs.
• Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; understand the need to be nimble.
• Team-oriented and highly collaborative.
• Solution-oriented, you find ways to resolve issues that arise.
• Experience securing media coverage in print, online, and broadcast for products, content, thought leaders, or company news.
• Comfortable and engaged with social media, eager to help build and maintain a cohesive content outreach strategy.
• Flourishes in a “hands-on role,” staying involved in all aspects of projects from inception to completion.
• You’re excited to think about big picture strategies but are also comfortable with day-to-day tasks that arise.
• You get things done! Using strong business acumen, insightful analytical skills, and superior project management skills, you manage through competing priorities.
• You see the big picture while being able to hone in on the details.
• You feel passionate about working for PMC and its robust portfolio of brands.
• You love entertainment and music
• Equal parts excited to work on the nitty gritty organizational aspects of communications and think strategically about projects and assignments.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.