Senior Manager Of Internal Communications
PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2022 11:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Senior Manager Of Internal Communications jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager Of Internal Communications postings
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation (PMC), whose award-winning content across more than 23 brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is hiring an enthusiastic and dynamic communications professional ready to expand their skillset as PMC’s Senior Manager of Internal Communications. Reporting to PMC’s SVP of Human Resources as well as the Vice President of Public Affairs & Strategy, this is a unique opportunity to help execute an internal communications strategy across PMC corporate as well as all the PMC brands including Variety, Rolling Stone, SHE Media, Billboard, and The Hollywood Reporter. The candidate will be an essential member of the team responsible for shaping Penske Media’s story as an employer of choice. This Senior Manager will be a highly collaborative, resourceful, strategic thinker and self-starter that thrives in a fast-scaling environment and is comfortable managing multiple workstreams at once.
This newly created role can be based in either our Midtown New York City or West Los Angeles offices on a hybrid work schedule, supported by members of the HR, creative and administrative teams to heighten awareness, understanding and connectedness across all our teams.
• Conceptualize, draft, route, edit, and distribute multi-channel internal communications with a strategy to create connections with our employees that foster an engaged workforce and furthers organizational effectiveness.
• Email & Slack Communications: Ensure communications are strategically maximized for impact and relevance with thoughtful planning, timing, consolidation, and creative delivery of content with speed, quality and clarity.
• Intranet: Work alongside SVP of HR and HR Generalists to launch our employee intranet from design and implementation to ongoing content updates.
• Social Media: Partner with our communications team members to own the content, campaigns, and messaging to maximize our presence, impact and engagement on PMC corporate social media platforms, including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor.
• PMC.com: Work with the SVP of HR and Vice President of Public Affairs & Strategy to maintain our external company website working closely with key stakeholders such as executive leadership, marketing, sales and human resources.
• Company Awards: Lead efforts for recognition and external award submissions, with team members across HR, communications and business development contributing to application content and help site and determine opportunities for the company.
• Project Management: Serve as the project management lead on the day-to-day internal communications plans, being one step ahead on content ideas and development, scheduling, and the publication of communications across all internal channels.
• Proactive Storytelling: Partner with department and brand leaders, managers, and a variety of cross-functional teams (HR, DEI, talent acquisition, communications, legal, finance, IT, product, and others) to tackle problems, remove obstacles, and empower our dedicated teams to tell their stories to employees.
• Employee Engagement: Drive awareness of and participation in major initiatives tied to workplace satisfaction (Culture, DE&I, Career Development, Fun), coordinating with internal teams on awards opportunities, PMC’s brands’ event tickets, giveaways, and prizes tied to employee celebration and recognition.
• An excellent writer and communicator; creative writing is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail, especially related to writing across different formats, from executive messaging to all-staff emails and internal memos, including copywriting and editing.
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency for timely delivery of information to employees with rigor in communicating accurate information to the right audience.
• Strategic thinker and a team player with outstanding project management skills.
• Passionate about company culture, including DEI and Gen Z trends.
• 5 years of proven experience in communications, preferably internal communications supporting a variety of partners and executive-level leaders.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field preferred. Interest or background in media a plus.
• Knowledge of distribution list management.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit?www.PMC.com.?