Senior Manager Of Human Resources
PmcNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 3:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Senior Manager Of Human Resources jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Manager Of Human Resources postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager Of Human Resources?
Full Time Job
PMC: Senior Manager of Human Resources
Penske Media Corp. (PMC) is expanding its Human Resources team with the addition of a new Senior Manager position in our midtown Manhattan office. In this role, you will partner with the entire HR team to create, establish, and implement HR strategies that foster organization and people development across our US and international operations. You will address needs in areas such as talent acquisition, performance, diversity and inclusion, communications, training and development, career and management development, and organizational structure.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-scaling, mission-orientated company with a highly collaborative HR team that values new ideas, creative thinking, knowledge-sharing and a commitment to business partnership. Your service-oriented attitude will help you to thrive in a role where you are expected to develop your leadership and grow in your career. This is an opportunity to challenge your skills and accelerate your HR learnings while being surrounded by strong HR mentors dedicated to your success.
• Partner/collaborate with leadership team to align and execute HR strategies in support of your assigned media brands and department initiatives utilizing effective communication and critical thinking skills.
• Utilize your HR expertise to help in creating resolution in employee relations issues with a proactive, inclusive and fair approach, leveraging experts from our legal team as needed.
• Leverage HR processes (incl. Employee Relations; DE&I, Benefits, Performance Management, Employee Engagement & Communication) for client groups.
• Partner and manage complex employee relations issues including organizational and structural changes.
• Develop and implement appropriate change management plans.
• Champion both the employee perspective as well as company needs in order to promote a positive, collaborative, respectful, and effective work environment.
• Provide advice, counsel and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
• Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process
• Drive to completion and success your assigned projects and areas of expertise within the department
• Inspire and partner with your HR colleagues to implement creative solutions to strengthen the HR team as well as enable the organization to scale and perform effectively overall
Your Skills and Background
You don't need to check every box for the experience below; if you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
• You are adept at resolving business issues: building rapport, listening, diagnosing, summarizing, and influencing
• You have a strong understanding of US/NY/CA labor law as well as common compliance issues and demonstrate solid judgment and experience assessing risk
• You have experience in developing strategic solutions to business challenges
• You demonstrate empathy and have experience driving diversity & inclusion strategies
• You get things done! Using strong business acumen, insightful analytical skills, and superior process/project management skills, you manage through competing priorities
• You have vision and see the big picture while being able to boil it down to the appropriate HR and business strategy to make it work
• You are motivated and can work with minimal guidance, finding the resources to help you out
• You help bring the best potential out of the employees, managers, and partners you work with, helping them to continue to develop and create a great place to work with one another
• 5 years direct Human Resources experience, including time in an HR business partner/ employee relations management role aligned with at least one business unit
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including U.S employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies.
• Demonstrated ability to understand the client's business and develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges
• Excellent knowledge and experience with HR management systems and other HR software applications to track information and generate reports. Knowledge of Ultipro a plus.
• Process and detail oriented, including strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently, strategize and influence at all organizational levels
• Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States