Senior Manager, Licensing Business Development
PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Manager, Licensing Business Development to join our team. This person will join a fast-scaling, mission-oriented company with a highly collaborative team. As a key member of the domestic product licensing team, this person will secure new licensing and brand extension partnerships for brands across the PMC portfolio. This role will be responsible for sourcing and closing brand licensing partnerships for Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD and Robb Report brands, among others, and for products in categories including apparel, hard goods, food and beverage, branded experiences and NFTs.
This position will be an instrumental member of our rapidly growing licensing and merchandising team and will report to the SVP, Licensing & Brand Development.
• Develop brand extension strategies and ideas for new partnerships across the PMC portfolio including Rolling Stone, Billboard and Robb Report among other brands
• Own and update licensing prospecting materials and lists for key brands and categories
• Vet new opportunities, including conducting proactive outreach, communicating with prospects, evaluating brand fit and revenue potential and collecting proposals
• Present opportunities to brand leaders for evaluation
• Independently negotiate and structure new agreements from proposal to close
• Lead the agreement renewal process, including tracking term end dates, negotiating renewal deal terms, leading contract negotiation with Legal team and the licensee
• Organize and track all prospecting activities for review with corporate and brand leadership
• Track and update new business portions of the Licensing & Merchandising P&L
• At least 3-5 years of licensing business development or sales experience at an agency, brand or a media company
• Demonstrated success sourcing and closing new licensing partnerships across a variety of product categories
• Solid understanding of licensing deal terms and economics with an ability to critically evaluate potential partnerships
• Strong desire and ability to build trust and manage relationships, both internally and externally
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across brands
• Passion for learning about and tracking trends in the brand extension space
• A confident self-starter with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to drive results
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Gold Derby and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, and Life is Beautiful. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.