Senior Corporate Paralegal
PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2021 12:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Corporate Paralegal jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Corporate Paralegal postings
Full Time Job
PMC: Senior Corporate Paralegal
Penske Media Corp. (PMC), whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is looking for a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our Legal team in our West LA headquarters. In this role, the Senior Corporate Paralegal will help meet the needs of our growing company by adding to our dynamic Legal team, which shares a service-oriented attitude and commitment to smart business partnership.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-scaling, mission-oriented company with a highly collaborative team that values new ideas, creative thinking, and knowledge-sharing. New ideas are not only welcomed but expected and you will take on projects and responsibilities most in line with your career goals in order to best facilitate your own professional growth. When applying please make us aware of your strengths and also make us aware of what you hope to learn or what skills you hope to develop in this role.
Reporting jointly to our LA-based Chief Legal Officer and NY-based Deputy General Counsel, the Senior Corporate Paralegal will be an integral member of the Legal team that will help drive process improvements and greater efficiency that will allow the Legal team to better support PMC's growing businesses.
What you will do:
• Assist in contract review, negotiation and management of both standard and non-standard commercial agreements
• Summarize contractual terms and other business and legal matters, and respond to contract inquiries and requests
• Design, develop and implement systems and process changes to increase efficiency, support, scalability and ensure quality in the contracting and other legal department matters
• Provide support for M&A and financing transactions, including assisting with due diligence
• Facilitate contract management and general legal files organization, manage forms/templates, getting signatures, inputting contracts into the contract management system, and record retrieval.
• Partner with business units to help identify assets for intellectual property protection and work with outside counsel to maintain existing intellectual property portfolio including renewal as appropriate
• Maintain stock records and stock option grants
• Work with external insurance brokers to maintain commercial insurance policies
• Form and maintain domestic and international legal entities including periodic reporting
• Track and analyze outside counsel usage and spending
• Ensure timely and accurate data reporting on a weekly basis for Legal analytics
• Help on other special projects as needed
Your Skills and Background
You don't need to check every box for the experience below; if you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
• Bachelor's degree; Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5-7 years of prior transactional and in-house experience
• High degree of organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities and shift when necessary
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to review basic transactional documents and work with numerous templates
• Proven track record of creative problem solving and ability to influence decision making
• Proven ability to communicate at all levels of a business through all methods of communication.
• Strong proficiency with key tools including ability to create/use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), communication tools such as Slack and willingness to learn new technical tools and software to help the team
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with attorneys, senior business personnel and other employees as part of a team
• Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment with minimal supervision to accomplish required objectives within established deadlines
• Notary public, or ability to become a notary public
• Curiosity and a willingness to tackle matters outside of your expertise
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.