PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 11:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Senior Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Controller postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Business Controller is responsible for overseeing the respective businesses’ financial statements and ensure that they are correctly stated at each month end close and quarter close. Responsibilities include transaction review, journal entries review, balance sheet reconciliations review, balance sheet and income statement analysis, and partner with general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and finance teams at month end close. You will also play a critical role in the annual audit(s) and contribute as a technical accounting resource for the Company. This position is based in Los Angeles and will report to the VP, Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay current on accounting pronouncements and provide technical guidance (for example - revenue recognition, leasing, real estate construction project accounting)
• Lead integration of new acquisitions for your businesses along with the general accounting, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable teams
• Review month end journal entries for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with GAAP
• Review monthly balance sheet and P&L
• Review Balance Sheet account reconciliations and resolve any reconciling items timely
• Ensure reserve and accrual adequacy
• Review AR aging, deferred revenue, billing accuracy (credit memos) to ensure revenue is correctly stated
• Review intercompany accounts and assist with international subsidiary accounting
• Support annual audit(s) including testing documentation and flux analysis
• Write technical accounting memos e.g. purchase accounting, contract review for revenue recognition and annual impairment testing
• Continue to improve operational processes and increase efficiency
• Supervise business controller, senior accountants, and staff accountants
• Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
• 6 years of experience in a manager accounting role with staff management responsibilities.
• 3 years public accounting experience at a reputable firm is preferred
• Publishing, entertainment or construction project experience is a plus
• Leasing audit experience is a plus
• Integration of a business experience is a plus
• NetSuite experience is a plus
• Salesforce experience is a plus
• CPA is a plus
• Organized, self-started in uncovering issues and finding solutions. Ability to work with minimal supervision
Typical wage range: $180-200K annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, in less than 2 years, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Penske Media Corporation:
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Portico, BGR, ART news, Fairchild Media, Vibe, Indiewire, Dirt, Artform, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com.