Senior Business Controller
PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/15/2021 9:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Senior Business Controller jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Business Controller postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Business Controller?
Full Time Job
PMC: Senior Business Controller
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is hiring a Senior Business Controller to join our team in our West Los Angeles headquarters. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Senior Business Controller is responsible for overseeing the respective businesses financial statements and ensure that they are correctly stated at each month end close and quarter close. Responsibilities include transaction review, journal entries review, balance sheet reconciliations review, balance sheet and income statement analysis, and partner with general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and finance teams at month end close. You will also play a critical role in the annual audit(s), and contribute as a technical accounting resource for the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Stay current on accounting pronouncements and provide technical guidance (for example - new revenue recognition and lease standards)
• Lead integration of new acquisitions for your businesses along with the general accounting, treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable teams
• Review month end journal entries for completeness, accuracy and compliance with GAAP
• Review monthly balance sheet and P&L
• Review Balance Sheet account reconciliations and resolve any reconciling items timely
• Ensure reserve and accrual adequacy
• Review AR aging, deferred revenue, billing accuracy (credit memos) to ensure revenue is correctly stated
• Review intercompany accounts and assist with international subsidiary accounting
• Support annual audit(s) including testing documentation and flux analysis
• Write technical accounting memos e.g. purchase accounting, contract review for revenue recognition and annual impairment testing
• Continue to improve operational processes and increase efficiency
• Co-supervise a senior accountant and an accountant
• Special projects as assigned
• Bachelor degree in accounting and/or finance.
• 8 years of experience in a manager accounting role with staff management responsibilities.
• 3 years public accounting experience at a reputable firm is preferred
• Publishing or entertainment experience is a plus
• Integration of a business experience is a plus
• NetSuite experience is a plus
• CPA is a plus
• Organized self-started in uncovering issues and finding solutions. Ability to work with minimal supervision