PmcNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2022 9:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Reviews Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Reviews Editor postings
Full Time Job
SPY.com is a rapidly growing men’s lifestyle and product review website owned by Penske Media Corporation. We help guys find under-the-radar grooming products, innovative smart home products, and all the fitness gear they need to be their best selves. We are hiring an ambitious Reviews Editor who can help us evolve our product testing and review process and create engaging shopping content. This is a great opportunity for an experienced e-commerce writer, editor, and journalist looking for more responsibility. The right candidate will be excited to bring ideas to the table, experiment with new e-commerce strategies, and continue our audience growth.
The Reviews Editor will be responsible for creating and implementing product-testing guidelines for a variety of verticals. They should be as comfortable creating spreadsheets to compare technical product specifications as they are at writing shareable social media content. Assignments might range from creating testing guidelines for home smart gyms, to training freelancers to follow product review best practices, and writing a product review for a new Bluetooth record player. The candidate should have experience with Microsoft Excel so they can help us test, measure, and compare the performance of various products.
The ideal candidate will already have a sophisticated understanding of the e-commerce space and an interest in data-driven service journalism. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for all things e-commerce.
• Write and produce 5-10 shoppable posts per week, featuring the best products in a variety of verticals
• Test products and write in-depth product reviews, product comparisons, and shopping guides
• Create and implement product testing guidelines for new product categories
• Use spreadsheets to compare product specifications, prices and testing data
• Pitch timely, on brand ideas citing the latest product launches and trends
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry and stay on top of product launches
• Produce social media content as needed
• Help us call in and acquire products for testing and review
• Minimum of 3-4 years writing and editing at an e-commerce publication
• A track record of stellar service journalism and a proven ability to write shoppable content that informs the reader
• Familiarity with the latest consumer tech, health and fitness gear, and men’s lifestyle products
• The ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
• Extremely detail oriented
• Daily experience working within a CMS
• Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
Spy.com is a men's e-commerce destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, high-quality products from around the world. Then, we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday essentials and under-the-radar gems.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, Vibe, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.