President, Business Development, Europe
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corp., the parent to brands that includes Rolling Stone, SXSW, Billboard, Variety, WWD, The Hollywood Reporter, and many others, is hiring a President of Business Development for Europe. This position can be based in the UK, France, or Italy, and we would consider someone based in the Americas. The multilingual President of Business Development will own the strategic European partnerships with high-level executives across PMCs major platforms: Google, Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Instagram, Snap, YouTube, Microsoft, Verizon and more. This role will be responsible for revenue generation across: advertising, funded content, beta programs, syndication, audience development, commerce and more.
• Own deal making across PMC portfolio of brands, prospecting opportunities & partnerships. Working with Corporate and Line of Business leadership to execute annual business goals
• Drive & support major European corporate initiatives: editorial, technology, data, advertising, commerce, events, syndication, social, subscription, video and more
• Work closely with Brand, Legal, and Finance teams to negotiate partnerships from Term Sheets through Fully Executed Agreements.
• Work across internal stakeholder groups (including sales, marketing, editorial, product and finance) to build support and consensus for new business initiatives and licensing opportunities
• Be the day-to-day contact for commercial matters related to specific PMC partners
• Attend industry events to represent PMC and build relationships with potential partners and create awareness of PMC’s brands
• 15 years’ experience in media industry in a business development role
• Deep understanding and comfort with industry revenue models across advertising, branded content, ecommerce, subscription, syndication, live and virtual events and SaaS products.
• Established network of contacts across media, vendors and platforms
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Able to work independently and deliver projects on time
• Excellent presentation and writing skills
• Travel 30-40% of the year
• Multiple language fluency (Italian, German, French, Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic)
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.