Penske Media Corporation Associate General Counsel
PmcNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 3:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Penske Media Corporation Associate General Counsel jobs in New York-NY
Search all Penske Media Corporation Associate General Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Penske Media Corporation Associate General Counsel?
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation: Associate General Counsel
Penske Media, the publisher of world-renowned media brands including Rolling Stone, Billboard, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, IndieWire, Deadline Hollywood, Robb Report, ArtNews, SHE Media, BGR. TVLine, Fairchild Media Group and Sportico, is looking for an Associate General Counsel to be based in our New York office. Reporting directly to the Company's Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel will be responsible for handling a wide variety of legal matters that arise within the Company's various entertainment, fashion, music, art, luxury, lifestyle and other digital media businesses, as well as the ability to work with the Company's multi-faceted corporate departments. For the right candidate this role has the ability to quickly expand into a divisional general counsel role in which the Associate General Counsel will be the primary lawyer responsible for interacting with our best in class editorial and business teams.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fun, fast-scaling, mission-oriented company with a highly collaborative Legal team that values new ideas, creative thinking, knowledge-sharing and a commitment to business partnership. The right candidate will have tremendous autonomy and the opportunity to learn new skill sets and grow as a leader. The ideal candidate must be a pro-active, dynamic, self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, handling a large volume of work and balancing competing demands of numerous businesses while maintaining exacting attention to detail.
• Counseling business unit leaders, editors, sales and marketing teams and others in a wide range of issues relating to digital media and publishing, including intellectual property, consumer marketing laws, right of publicity and privacy, custom content, advertising law
• Structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating all manner of commercial agreements which include sponsorship, custom content, data providers, programmatic advertising, sales, marketing and master services agreements
• Working closely with the Company's live media and event production teams on execution of its events strategy and implementing appropriate risk management procedures
• Providing pre-publication review of editorial content and advice regarding defamation, copyright ownership, rights of publicity and privacy
• Collaborating with the Company's Corporate Development and Licensing teams to structure, negotiate and execute strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and global licensing initiatives
• Developing, maintaining and ensuring compliance with the Company's policies, procedures and standards
• Assisting with all other legal matters relating to the Company's various businesses including mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, intellectual property, data security, privacy and labor and employment matters
• Minimum 8-10 years of legal experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department with both a strong transactional background as well as experience with content creation and pre-publication review of editorial content
• Experience working with digital media companies and traditional print publishing strongly preferred
• Experience counseling and advising business unit leaders and department heads and members of their teams on all manner of legal and business issues
• Good working knowledge of privacy, data security, custom content, native advertising and social media
• Ability to work autonomously and independently, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Sound and practical business judgment
• Juris Doctor from a top tier law school and membership in good standing with the State Bar of New York.