PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Spy.com: Temporary Market Editor
SPY.com is a rapidly growing men’s lifestyle and product review website owned by Penske Media Corporation. We help guys find under-the-radar fashion brands, innovative smart home products, and all the fitness gear they need to be their best selves. Right now, we’re looking for a part-time Market Editor to help us call in products for testing and review. This is a great entry-level position for an ambitious writer eager for experience in the e-commerce space.
The Market Editor will be responsible for contacting brands and PR agencies, coordinating product deliveries with writers, and handling logistics. This is a great way to build your own personal network, and to gain practical experience in the day-to-day operation of a growing e-commerce website.
The ideal candidate must be extremely well organized and understand how to communicate professionally. Most importantly, we’re looking for someone who has a passion for all things e-commerce.
• Spend 10-12 hours per week emailing brands and PR agencies
• Follow-up with brands in a timely manner, answer questions and coordinate shipping with SPY product testers
• Identify the best point of contact for particular brands
• Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
• The ideal candidate has a degree in journalism, communication or a related field, or is pursuing such a degree. Alternatively, the candidate should have participated in internships and/or have relevant work experience.
• Active social media presence on multiple platforms
• Extremely detail oriented and independent worker who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Spy.com is a men's e-commerce destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, high-quality products from around the world. Then, we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday essentials and under-the-radar gems.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, Vibe, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.