PmcLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2022 10:23:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Managing Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Managing Editor postings
Full Time Job
We are looking for a managing editor to join SPY.com, Penske Media Corporation’s product review e-commerce website covering gadgets, men’s style and grooming, health and fitness, and more. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a budget and leading a team, along with a track record of success in previous roles. They must be a savvy top editor with a strong knowledge of SEO and service journalism. They should have an instinct for what makes content clickable and shareable.
The Managing Editor will be integral in handling day-to-day operations including receiving and tracking freelance invoices, assigning and scheduling content for the website, managing the monthly budget, and ensuring affiliate best practices are met.
• Oversee day-to-day execution of the editorial content strategy (assignments, planning, deadlines, and editing).
• Manage a team of in-house and freelance writers/editors and recruit additional editorial talent to expand contributor pool.
• Lead editorial pitch meetings approving content in line with SPY’s editorial vision.
• Monitor traffic and revenue analytics to make sure the team is hitting big-picture traffic goals and help the team prioritize updating top-performing e-commerce content.
• Grow audience across multiple distribution channels (search, social, and newsletter)
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in a fast-paced digital environment, with a focus on top-editing and assigning content, preferably for a men’s lifestyle or e-commerce website.
• Proven ability to manage hectic daily content deadlines.
• A passion for digital media and well-versed in a content management system.
• Should have a collaborative spirit and be energetic and approachable, whether in person or on email.
• Well versed in Google Analytics (and not afraid to use it).
SPY.com is a daily destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, quality and discerning products and experiences from around the world, and then we show you how to access them. In short, SPY wants to give guys the tools they need to be the best version of themselves.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
SPY.com is a reviews and discovery platform for savvy shoppers, early adopters and the curious-minded alike. We want to be the premier men's e-commerce destination, and we’re always on the lookout for what’s new and what’s next in the world of tech, fitness, fashion and grooming. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, high-quality products from around the world, and then we show you how to access them. SPY is your daily briefing into everyday essentials and under-the-radar gems.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, Billboard, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, Vibe, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.