Manager, Paid Social
PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is seeking an experienced and results-oriented Paid Social Manager to join our highly collaborative revenue operations team in NYC. We expect to train on many aspects of this position.
What you bring: experience using backend ad managers on all social platforms (experience with ad planning apps preferred, but not necessary). Ability to manage aggressive insertion calendar with stakeholders who often push back on deadlines. Familiarity with metrics analysis as it pertains to determining success/failure of a campaign, along with the ability to present findings to internal/external stakeholders.
What you’ll learn: How to analyze campaign performance to find less-obvious indicators of success. How to manage up with internal stakeholders to foster understanding of what insertions are actually required for successful completion of a campaign. How to creatively execute an impossible campaign to general success.
Functions of Position Include
• Insert and manage paid social campaigns on platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, Reddit, Twitch, etc.
• Provide scheduled reporting to assorted stakeholders and maintaining a calendar of fluctuating reporting needs
• Active management of paid campaigns, including ideation/creation of audience pools using interest and demographic targeting, bidding and budget adjustments, A/B testing, creative rotation/addition, etc.
• Assessment of overall campaign performance
• Recommendation/implementation of mid-campaign changes to affect positive/negative trends
• Offer recommendations for placement and strategy to best achieve campaign goals
• Review and communicate campaign performance regularly
• Generate written and graphic reports/updates for team and/or client
• Collaborate with clients and internal teams to understand campaign objectives, optimal placements/executions for success, and KPI/data points that should be measured to best reflect efficacy of execution
• Identify trends and provide insight on data as it relates to the individual campaign, as well as social spend in general
• Implement traffic tracking methods including pixels, utm codes, traffic tags, etc.
but willing to train:
• 1-3 years related experience
• Familiarity using native social ad platforms including ads managers on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, YouTube/Google, TikTok, Snapchat, Reddit, Pinterest, Twitch, etc.
• Including campaign insertion, generation of campaign and/or brand-specific metrics reporting, knowledge of ad specs/restrictions by platform
• Basic understanding of different traffic types- organic, paid, social, native, search, etc.- and how they affect each other, and traffic overall
• Open to learning/sharing best practices and strategies for paid social execution
• Access to a strong external support network
• Candidate will be able to utilize professional support network to answer questions about/solve issues relating to social networks and their paid functions
• Comfortable “cold-calling” employees within the company to determine if/how they relate to issue(s) being addressed
• Company does not share organizational charts and is currently remote/hybrid, with limited visibility into the goals/operations of other orgs within the company
• Experience creating/editing copy and/or assets for dark/paid-only ads
• Basic photo/video editing capability
• Experience/familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Typical wage range: $70k - $80k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media Corporation has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.