PmcNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/3/2023 4:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Event Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Event Manager postings
Full Time Job
Penske Media's Fairchild Media Group is looking for an energetic and forward-thinking Event Manager.
• Manage and assist all aspects of pre-event planning, on-site execution, and post-event wrap-up for events
• Assign roles and responsibilities to event team, holding those accountable for daily
Tasks and long-term projects:
• Build, manage, and update budgets
• Construct a schedule for the planning process
• Lead team meetings on a bi-weekly or weekly basis and build/update meeting agendas
• Serve as the main point of contact for the internal team, liaising between event departments (Marketing Graphic Speakers & Programming Sponsorship Ticketing Management)
• Main point of contact for all external vendors and venue relations
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Assist Senior Director and Director of Events on the remaining event calendar (live and virtual events)
Venue & Vendor Sourcing
• Build and maintain client and vendor relationships
• Continuously source local venues and vendors for future event needs
• Maintain venue and vendor database for the internal events team
• Per event, conduct venue and vendor search, ensuring each vendor meet the necessary requirements:
• Event date / availability
• Event format and guest count
• Event budget
• Company and brand aesthetic
• Event Location
• Negotiate contract fees and terms
• Responsible for creation, management and upkeep of assigned event budgets
• Comprehensive knowledge of event budget breakdown with an understanding of category allotments
• Responsible for tracking invoices, upcoming payments and receipts
• 3-5 years of event planning & project management experience in both live and virtual events
• Experience in overseeing small to large scale events, ranging from intimate client dinners to large corporate summits
• Ability to successfully multitask
• Quick and creative problem-solver
• “Yes” person with “can-do” attitude, no task too big or too small
• Understanding of unusual role requirements and industry needs, including but not limited to:
• Early/late hours for on-site event work, pre and post event
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed
• Domestic and international travel and work across time zones may be required
• Ability to lift 20lbs
• Position requires light physical labor during event set-up and breakdown such as packing, carrying boxes and re-arranging décor
• On the pulse with the latest trends in relation to restaurants, venues, decor and design
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus!
Typical wage range: $55k – 70k
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
About Beauty Inc:
Beauty Inc is the insider’s guide to the global Beauty community. Offering six franchise printed issues per year, a weekly news-based digital publication, and expanded coverage on wwd.com, Beauty Inc is highly-regarded for comprehensive reporting on industry trends and marketplace developments and is considered the premier source for in-depth coverage on all aspects of the Beauty, Wellness and Retail communities.
About Footwear News:
Footwear News is the ultimate source for senior footwear and fashion executives, providing an insider’s perspective on top news, trends and strategies. FN keeps you and your business a step ahead on the retailing, manufacturing and financial aspects of the footwear industry. FN spotlights the hottest new designers, newsmakers, and business leaders, as well as reporting on the most groundbreaking fashion trends and more.
WWD is the leading business authority for the fashion, retail, and beauty industries. WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, consumers, and trend-makers.
About Sourcing Journal Media:
Sourcing Journal Media, LLC is the largest, most comprehensive and authoritative B2B resource for executives working in the apparel, textile and footwear industries. We produce publications and events under the Sourcing Journal and Rivet brands, empowering industry leaders with essential news, expert commentary and in-depth analysis to navigate every aspect of their business.
About Penske Media Corporation??
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Dirt, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good www.pmc.com .