PmcLos Angeles, CA
IndieWire: Temp/Freelance Ecommerce Writer
IndieWire seeks an innovative Ecommerce Writer to contribute 2-3 articles to the site each week to start, each of which will be based around affiliate marketing links to drive revenue. This role requires a creative journalist preferably with previous ecommerce experience, who can think like a marketer and a shopper.
• Pitch, in consultation with the Ecommerce Editor and an SEO consultant, 2-3 ecommerce stories per week of at least 350 words and write them in IndieWire's CMS.
• Generate ecommerce links for all stories you write and oversee all aspects of a story's production in our CMS from start to finish, including pulling and cropping photos.
• Add your stories to IndieWire's editorial calendar for tracking.
• Work with other editorial staff to collect ideas for film technology-focused stories (cameras, editing software, etc.) for our industry-focused audience.
• Maintain high level of editorial standards for all stories – ecommerce stories should fit naturally with all other editorial.
• Must have demonstrated understanding of affiliate marketing, including the ability to pull links from affiliate networks.
• A history of journalistic excellence covering film and TV at publications of three million monthly visitors or higher, with 3 years of experience. Tech experience is a plus. Knowledge of AP Style is mandatory.
• A profound understanding of the ins-and-outs of film and TV from both a consumer-facing and industry-facing perspective, high-brow, low-brow and in between – from keeping up to date on the best TV shows and movies to stream, to the Best Professional Grade Movie Cameras Under $5,000, and Best Star Wars Gifts.
• A minute attention to detail, including following specific best practices that directly impact our traffic.
IndieWire is the leading digital brand devoted to curating, reporting, and celebrating the best in film, TV, and entertainment. Branded the ''online heartbeat of the world's independent film community'' by Forbes and dubbed ''best indie crossroads'' by film critic Roger Ebert, IndieWire is a two-time winner of the Webby Award for best entertainment website. IndieWire launched in July 1996 and in January 2016 joined Penske Media Corporation's portfolio of leading global media brands.