Director, Marketing Analytics
PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PMC: Director, Marketing Analytics
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company, operating iconic media brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, VIBE, The Hollywood Reporter, WWD, Robb Report, Deadline, IndieWire and more.
The Director, Marketing Analytics will grow subscription acquisition via paywalls and other onsite marketing channels and tactics. The role will heavily utilize and employ data analytics and modeling, deploying tests on PMC digital subscription sites, then performing statistical analysis, using key metrics such as conversion rates and ROI, with the goal of continually optimizing subscription revenue.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Acquisition, the role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Onsite marketing for PMC subscription products, identifying opportunities for growth through observation, analysis and testing.
• Operationalize customer-facing onsite marketing efforts via marketing automation, paywall and machine learning platforms and tech solutions.
• Manage onsite marketing platforms and monitor analytics/metrics on a day-to-day basis to observe for deviations in e-commerce performance.
• Develop propensity targeting and user segmentation/messaging strategies.
• Devise and execute subscription paywall strategies, coordinating with editorial teams where necessary.
• Brief and manage execution of all necessary creative assets for the onsite marketing channel, e.g. banner ads, landing pages, interstitials, registration walls, paywall creative, etc.
• Plan and launch on-site marketing campaigns (e.g. One Day Sales), aligning campaigns with editorial calendar when required.
• Report on campaigns, channel performance, strategies and tactics by leveraging analytics platforms and working with the PMC data team to develop reporting views, dashboards etc.
• Use Google Analytics and marketing system analytics in Excel, Looker, etc. to perform analyses of engagement and e-commerce data to identify growth opportunities.
• Devise and deploy multivariate tests, thoughtfully informed by data and hypotheses.
• Suggest and lead website UX improvements to maximize performance of on-site ad units.
• Develop business cases informed by financial modeling based on engagement and e-commerce data.
• Be the in-house product champion and expert for onsite marketing solutions.
• Stay abreast of product enhancements with chosen technology vendors, in addition to wider industry/e-commerce technologies and approaches.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
• 5 years of marketing experience in an e-commerce and/or subscription marketing environment
• Experience with marketing automation solutions (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce)
• Exposure to and experience with machine learning marketing solutions
• Experience leveraging propensity models in e-commerce or subscription marketing businesses
• Experience with the major digital advertising platforms (e.g. Google Ads Manager, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
• Experience with, and understanding of, DMPs (e.g. Krux, BlueKai) and CDPs (e.g. Blueconic)
• Deep experience working with CAC, ROI, ROAS, CLV and LTV-driven marketing.
• Highly proficient in web analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics/Omniture)
• Highly proficient in Excel, with experience in analyzing large data sets.
• Highly proficient in PowerPoint/Google Slides, MS Word / Google Docs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to compose and present thoughtful business cases.
• Strong experience in A/B and multivariate test design, deployment, monitoring and reporting and interpretation.
• Competent with mathematical and statistical concepts related to e-commerce.